Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One raft to rule them all

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One raft to rule them all

    Long time no post on this page..

    I know this subject has probably been beaten to death and there's no such thing as the perfect boat but there has to be something close.

    I am looking for something that I can float the upper Kenai one day and power boat the lower the next. Something that I can float a river one time and power up one the next. I can use for fishing, hunting, camping and just putting around a lake. Doesn't have to be able to shoot a class V+ rapid but could handle some rough water if needed. It can haul out a moose one day and the grandkids the other.

    Does this boat exist???

  • #2
    Kinda what I do with this Use it on the lower Kenai, Knik, Big Sue, Little Sue and about any water I have put it in.

    Google Russian Inflatable Solar Boats and watch the videos.

    https://www.facebook.com/Jetech-LLC-574710489535823

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds like you need a 16-18 cataraft, outboard, and trailer. Lots of used boats fitting that description on Craigslist as we get closer and into the season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
        Kinda what I do with this Use it on the lower Kenai, Knik, Big Sue, Little Sue and about any water I have put it in.

        Google Russian Inflatable Solar Boats and watch the videos.

        https://www.facebook.com/Jetech-LLC-574710489535823
        Thanks I'll look into them

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Birdstrike View Post
          Sounds like you need a 16-18 cataraft, outboard, and trailer. Lots of used boats fitting that description on Craigslist as we get closer and into the season.
          I was thinking that way but everyone says that if there's little kids involved than a cataraft may not be the way to go.

          Comment


          • #6
            Have you looked into a SOAR?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chez View Post
              Have you looked into a SOAR?
              Not quite what I'm looking for, with something like that I'd probably go with a pristine ventures. Really want something I can mount a motor to as well.

              Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Raft

                After spending a lot of time up here in rafts and driftboats, I find I use the Solar in most waters where its legal to do so, so much easier to put in and take out esp by myself no shuttle. Not ideal for oar use and will probably use another boat for that. We can run these boats in very little water where you will have to drag a raft, when gets to shallow to run, I put the wheels down!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great video mostly New Zealand & Russia and Alaska showing the Solar Inflatable Jet boat

                  https://youtu.be/RFCDQHvJcYA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
                    Great video mostly New Zealand & Russia and Alaska showing the Solar Inflatable Jet boat

                    https://youtu.be/RFCDQHvJcYA
                    Yeah that's amazing video, really impressive. That was the video that got my attention.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You can do all that with an 18' AIRE Leopard or Super Leopard cataract, with the proper rigging. Talk with Marc Cohen at Alaska Raft and Kayak about the rigging. That's one of the things they do over there.

                      -Mike

                      Michael Strahan
                      Site Owner
                      Alaska Hunt Consultant
                      1 (907) 229-4501

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
                        You can do all that with an 18' AIRE Leopard or Super Leopard cataract, with the proper rigging. Talk with Marc Cohen at Alaska Raft and Kayak about the rigging. That's one of the things they do over there.

                        -Mike

                        Thanks I'll talk with him

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          One of these solar tunelled inflatables from jetech llc with a rowing frams and good set of oars is the ticket. 50/35 4 stroke tohatsu, hands down the best all around water craft man can buy IMO from flyfishing, dipnetting, moose hunt floating, even trolling out of homer to just exploring! Pplus the kids love them!!!



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Troy Sharp View Post
                            One of these solar tunelled inflatables from jetech llc with a rowing frams and good set of oars is the ticket. 50/35 4 stroke tohatsu, hands down the best all around water craft man can buy IMO from flyfishing, dipnetting, moose hunt floating, even trolling out of homer to just exploring! Pplus the kids love them!!!


                            Troy have you tried a good set of rowing frames on your solar? I have a good set and just bought a solar. i need to make the frame wider to fit the solar but kept them after selling my kaboat for just that purpose. Hopefully they work.
                            Wasilla Real Estate News
                            www.valleymarket.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I bought and installed a set of glue on Scotty oar locks. Did not want a frame in my Solar 470 Arrow. Used 8ft oars. Google Scotty Glue on oar Saddles for inflatables.

                              https://www.instagram.com/p/CBZ0dsdh..._web_copy_link

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X