Alpacka Forager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scienz View Post
    Thanks a-million for your suggestion Mike. Since I will be solo, will I be able to paddle with a single paddle?
    appreciate your opinion,
    Dan
    There's no practical way to maneuver that boat with one paddle. Two oars or at least two paddlers are going to be needed.

You'd have to have a much narrower boat to use one paddle. Check out the gear page here for a little more discussion on round boats and their alternatives.
    http://www.alaskaoutdoorssupersite.c...flatable-boats

Comment

Originally posted by scienz View Post
      Thanks a-million for your suggestion Mike. Since I will be solo, will I be able to paddle with a single paddle?
      appreciate your opinion,
      Dan
      No. You need the NRS Longhorn frame, oar stands, and oars for this boat. If you plan to carry a passenger, get an extra crossbar with a seat plate on it and a Fish-On swivel seat.

-Mike
      Michael Strahan
      Site Owner
      Alaska Hunt Consultant
      1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Thanks again guys (Tinkerer and Mike). I should have known that. Getting really excited by the day soaking up as much info as I can on an inflatable for our moose float hunt this year. I will keep you posed on what we go with. Oh, just noticed Fairbanks was a nice 26 degrees. It was -8 when I came to work this morning.
        Dan

Comment

Wondering how folks are liking (or not) their Foragers.
          It's on my radar for a plane-packable, then backpackable boat for me, 2-3 nights worth of gear and my 85 lbs dog to make way down/across Class II rivers, lakes, etc during fly fishing & camping trips.

Comment

I still like it. Haven't pushed it hard but it's been a great boat for the type of trips you are talking about. It does handle two big guys and their gear very well. The Cargo Fly is a great feature.

Comment

Forgot to post this (I think) Took it out last year and made a video. Here it is..not much on line about these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go5cAkIh4ps&t=224s

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X