Zodiac floor repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zodiac floor repair

I have an older zodiac that hold air nicely but the floor is in rough shape. Rough as in it is fabric showing in spots with a couple small holes. Is it possible to patch the holes and do some kind of re-coating? We would just use it as a meat wagon for hunting so would have a tarp in the bottom too. I have heard of people using plasti dip with success so just wondering if anyone has thoughts or ideas. A floor replacement probably isn't worth it on this old girl. Thanks. Johan

There used to be a couple places in anchorage that applied a coating to the bottom. Alaska Raft Connection did mine, but I don't think that Brian is doing much of that work any more. There is a shop called Danny's something that I think does it.

It works good if they apply it correctly.

Comment

Call Bryan-- Best in the state-- hands down-- 907-250=2271
      Goo Vogt
      ALASKA WILD WATER
      sotaralaska@yahoo.com

Comment

The last couple times I talked to Brian he really did not want to work on the zodiacs. He is selling a new style boat that is reasonably priced and it seemed to me that he did not want to mess with my zodiac at all.

Comment

I am sorry if I sent bad inf. Know he makes more $ on repairs the asian boats??? New to me!!
          Goo

Comment

I had the same issue near the transom of mine.
            I cleaned the area (1" by the width of the boat) and coated with a tube of Aquaseal.
            Worked well for stopping the minor leak I had as well as adding some protection to the wear area.
            sigpic
            www.arcticangler.ca
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X