X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrider
    replied
    Salmon,

That picture of yours looks a lot like Hell's Canyon. Have you run the Snake with that combination? I'm looking for something like that to use on level 3 and under and still have something that will work on flat water and needs to be light enough to carry around falls and nasty spots.

Leave a comment:

• psychicrhino
    replied
    Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
    It should ba at least as safe as my 14' Lund with 20hp. Good thing about SE is you are never far from land and propper supplies on board can make it a fun experance.Not prepared and you make the paper.
    Good Morning Fellas, That looks like a great boat and a fair price. Their site looks to have a lot of inflatable options. I had posted a question in the power boating forum about bringing my 1660 jon boat with 24" sides and 40hp Tohatsu to Haines and port hopping down to Prince Rupert on the Ferry system through the month of may. I had asked if there were any relatively protected places I could fish through Wrangell, Petersburg, POW, Ketchikan during July. I was encouraged by a couple of posters to consider an inflatable instead.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-boat-in-SE-Ak

Then I saw the reply here from someone running a 14' Lund with 20hp in Wrangell, I thought my question might be posed here. I just want to do a little salmon fishing, crabbing, maybe some rockfishing with my family as we camp and explore. I hoped to get a little more feedback from folks that fish these areas that didn't run 24'-26' bluewater boats. If it is no good, then it is no good...just thought I would ask it here. Pros & cons of my boat vs an inflatable? Are there really no protected inlets, early morning hours, fairweather days when I could pick and choose to run a small craft inshore around these towns?

Lastly, please forgive me for jacking into your thread - I could have double posted with a new thread in this subforum but knew that was probably just as bad. Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    sounds like it could be a fun adventure . BE SAFE

Leave a comment:

• Jim Strutz
    replied
    SE = Southeast Alaska, where Juneau and Hoonah are.

You can take a truck and trailer combo on most AK ferries. You just have to book and pay for the entire length of truck & trailer combined. There are length limits though, so you might want to check that on their web site.

Leave a comment:

• gene_f
    replied
    sorry not familiar with "SE". ok another question which i can't find an answer for on the internet. can i take a truck and trailer on the ferry from juneau to hoonah? i want to pack a 14' X 16' log cabin package up with me but the ferry looks like its for passengers and cars only.

Leave a comment:

• Amigo Will
    replied
    It should ba at least as safe as my 14' Lund with 20hp. Good thing about SE is you are never far from land and propper supplies on board can make it a fun experance.Not prepared and you make the paper.

Leave a comment:

• OneLunG
    replied
    Originally posted by gene_f View Post
    Let me ask a question on this boat. Do you think its safe to travel from Juneau to Freshwater Bay in this-a 14' JP Marine with a 20 hp motor. I wondering about open water, swells, etc. Anyone??:question:
    Bad idea. You could do it if you chose your weather, but still...not the best idea.

Leave a comment:

• gene_f
    replied
    Let me ask a question on this boat. Do you think its safe to travel from Juneau to Freshwater Bay in this-a 14' JP Marine with a 20 hp motor. I wondering about open water, swells, etc. Anyone??:question:

Leave a comment:

• Harry8100
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry8100 View Post
    Inflatable rafts are truly flexible little systems for just about any kind of activity you do that needs "something that floats".No doubt bigger is always better.I own an inflatable raft. And while I get the inflatable kayak to be a bit more versatile for my particular needs, there is no query that water rafts have there own little place too.
    Above Ground Pool

Leave a comment:

• SalmonSlut
    replied
    Originally posted by mrgsholly View Post
    FYI.....Alaska Raft and Kayak is now a local dealer for Jp Marine inflatable boats and have two on the show room floor if anyone wants to check them out!
    very nice! thanks for the heads up. i was looking at this on ebay way back before i bought my saturn boat.

Leave a comment:

• mrgsholly
    replied
    FYI.....Alaska Raft and Kayak is now a local dealer for Jp Marine inflatable boats and have two on the show room floor if anyone wants to check them out!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Harry8100
    replied
    Inflatable rafts are truly flexible little systems for just about any kind of activity you do that needs "something that floats".No doubt bigger is always better.I own an inflatable raft. And while I get the inflatable kayak to be a bit more versatile for my particular needs, there is no query that water rafts have there own little place too.

Leave a comment:

• SalmonSlut
    replied
    yeah i think a 20hp motor will do. i plan to only have 2-3 people on the boat most of the time mainly for fishing. I'll take it for a spin in the whittier passage. I want to try some butt fishing while im down there . i see a couple remote streams in whittier passage, i wonder if they have salmon going upstream to spawn.

Leave a comment:

• 1S1K
    replied
    Bigger is always better. I wish for $100 more I would have gotten the 15.5' patrol series. I got a Yamaha 20 hp 4-stroke. The weight is the same since most 15's and 20's are the same power head. So, for the weight I'd go with a 20 hp. It's portable if you want and provides plenty of power. Anything over 20hp and the weight goes up to 187 lbs+. If you're planning on keeping it inflated and on a trailer then I'd get a 30 hp. I use mine mostly for remote lakes with my Ranger so portability was the key for me.

Leave a comment:

• SalmonSlut
    replied
    Originally posted by 1S1K View Post
    Call them directly ask to talk to Manny. I negotiated free shipping and then they shipped it to Carlile in Tacoma, WA. Carlile charged me $96 to ship to AK. I had it in a week from the day I ordered from JP Marine.
    Just hit the purchse button on this Saturn 12 footer for 1079 shipped. I should of stuck to my gut and select the 14 ft series but i'll live with 200 extra dollars in my pocket LOL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	inflatable-boats-SD430_15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2480044
    http://www.boatstogo.com/inflatable_boat_sd365.asp

Now what motor to use??????? looking for at last a 15hp since the transom is maxed at 30hp.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X