My new inflatable raft from JP Marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new inflatable raft from JP Marine

www.jpmarine.com Found this boat on ebay and then contacted the dealer directly. Great to deal with and price way below comparable models locally. I have not had it in the water. As far as I know from talking with the dealer I'm the first in AK to have bought one directly. But on paper their 14' Patrol Series boat is equal or exceeds other manufacturer specs. I looked at a comparable Mercury HD inflatable at a local dealer and they wanted $6,400 for just the boat! The MSRP on the one I got was $2,695. I negotiated free shipping to Tacoma and Carlile shipped it up here for $96. I ordered it last Wednesday and it got here yesterday.

Put it together last night in my garage and I an very impressed. Fit and finish is excellent. Accessories are impressive. This is not a bare bones inflatable. You can check out the website and see what you get, but I'll say a bit here.

*Two pumps (Big two way Floor pump and foot pump)
    * Two aluminum seats
    * 4 paddles (no oars, and no oar locks)
    * Two patch kits
    * 1 replacement part each for air safety valve, pump valve, and drain valve
    * Pressure gage for checking individual tube pressure
    * Two dry storage bags (front bag and side bag)

I'm not saying that this boat is better than anything sold or made locally, but if price is an issue and you don't want to buy used consider these guys. So far my experience was great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	RipandTear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2509716

Had the boat out for the first time. Took it across Kachemack Bay, to Tutka bay and camped out. Boat did really well. Love all the D rings for strapping stuff down. Boat is 14' long with 6.5' beam, 20" tubes, aluminum floor. Run with a 20 hp 4-stroke Yamaha SS. People and gear weighed about 1,000 lbs. Boat weighs 253 lbs, motor weighs 115 lbs. I was able to do pproximately 18 mph across the bay.
    Attached Files

Comment

JP Marine In action

Couple more picks heading back to Homer on Monday. Without the wife, kid, and dog (approximately 270 lbs) I was able to do 20 mph.

Name:	Kachemack Bay.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2479814Click image for larger version

Name:	Kachemack Bay2.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	2479813

Comment

Came across Kachemack Bay at about 11 am on Monday. Full day breeze had kicked in. Not the best time to cross. Approximately, 3 ft to maybe 4ft day breeze, but was a following seas so that helped. Boat performed great. Tracked well, stayed on step, and other than a little spray here and there was what you'd expect for running an inflatable across the bay mid-morning. These two pics are just off the spit headed into the harbor so the water was calmer.

Name:	Kachemack Bay 4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	2479815Click image for larger version

Name:	Kachemack Bay 3.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2479816

Comment

nice to see a fellow alaskan with the inflatable i was looking at. I may end up buying the saturn sd430 14 footer for 1400 shipped to anchorage. that JP Marine one said no shipping to ak on their ebay listing so i had to pass it on up.

Comment

Call them directly ask to talk to Manny. I negotiated free shipping and then they shipped it to Carlile in Tacoma, WA. Carlile charged me $96 to ship to AK. I had it in a week from the day I ordered from JP Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by 1S1K View Post
              Call them directly ask to talk to Manny. I negotiated free shipping and then they shipped it to Carlile in Tacoma, WA. Carlile charged me $96 to ship to AK. I had it in a week from the day I ordered from JP Marine.
              Just hit the purchse button on this Saturn 12 footer for 1079 shipped. I should of stuck to my gut and select the 14 ft series but i'll live with 200 extra dollars in my pocket LOL.

Name:	inflatable-boats-SD430_15.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2480044
              http://www.boatstogo.com/inflatable_boat_sd365.asp

Now what motor to use??????? looking for at last a 15hp since the transom is maxed at 30hp.

Comment

Bigger is always better. I wish for $100 more I would have gotten the 15.5' patrol series. I got a Yamaha 20 hp 4-stroke. The weight is the same since most 15's and 20's are the same power head. So, for the weight I'd go with a 20 hp. It's portable if you want and provides plenty of power. Anything over 20hp and the weight goes up to 187 lbs+. If you're planning on keeping it inflated and on a trailer then I'd get a 30 hp. I use mine mostly for remote lakes with my Ranger so portability was the key for me.

Comment

yeah i think a 20hp motor will do. i plan to only have 2-3 people on the boat most of the time mainly for fishing. I'll take it for a spin in the whittier passage. I want to try some butt fishing while im down there . i see a couple remote streams in whittier passage, i wonder if they have salmon going upstream to spawn.

Comment

Inflatable rafts are truly flexible little systems for just about any kind of activity you do that needs "something that floats".No doubt bigger is always better.I own an inflatable raft. And while I get the inflatable kayak to be a bit more versatile for my particular needs, there is no query that water rafts have there own little place too.

Comment

FYI.....Alaska Raft and Kayak is now a local dealer for Jp Marine inflatable boats and have two on the show room floor if anyone wants to check them out!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrgsholly View Post
                        FYI.....Alaska Raft and Kayak is now a local dealer for Jp Marine inflatable boats and have two on the show room floor if anyone wants to check them out!
                        very nice! thanks for the heads up. i was looking at this on ebay way back before i bought my saturn boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry8100 View Post
                          Inflatable rafts are truly flexible little systems for just about any kind of activity you do that needs "something that floats".No doubt bigger is always better.I own an inflatable raft. And while I get the inflatable kayak to be a bit more versatile for my particular needs, there is no query that water rafts have there own little place too.
                          Above Ground Pool

Comment

Let me ask a question on this boat. Do you think its safe to travel from Juneau to Freshwater Bay in this-a 14' JP Marine with a 20 hp motor. I wondering about open water, swells, etc. Anyone??:question:

Comment

Originally posted by gene_f View Post
                              Let me ask a question on this boat. Do you think its safe to travel from Juneau to Freshwater Bay in this-a 14' JP Marine with a 20 hp motor. I wondering about open water, swells, etc. Anyone??:question:
                              Bad idea. You could do it if you chose your weather, but still...not the best idea.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X