Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any GC owners have defrosters plumbed in from their Espar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akfunhog View Post
    I have this issue with my Planar too. It gets stuck in ventilation mode and never goes back to heat like its supposed to.
    He is having issues with a an Espar, not Planar I believe.....
    Ak funhog, Check your temp setting, it might be because it's reached its desired temp and won't call for flame refire till it falls below that desired threshold so it idles till then. Bump up your thermostat a bit and she will restart the fuel pump, fire off and crank out heat till it warms up to the set temp, then idle down again and shuts off the fuel pump. Call with any Q's, I'm here to help!

Either brand heater in that size will keep your GC warm, no problem. You should have 4 vents in your boat Ebbtide and the ducting should be 3" and/or 4" to move lots of warm air. Typically 2 on the dash, 1 in the berth, and 1 on the floor of the cabin.
    I have crawled all over Yanerts boat every spring, his boat is a work of art and full of ingenious ideas. It's really pretty cool all the stuff he has done to her.
    my .02c.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

BK
      My partner disagrees with you on the number of vents on the boat. I thinks she would have mutinied by now without the heated head.

Another thing... I've run into some really hot still days in PWS the past 3-4 years. The cabin fan going and the heater in ventilation mode and it is way more comfortable.

Comment

Yanert,
        Ya got me there, a warm seat has been ducted on many boats in our shop. lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
          He is having issues with a an Espar, not Planar I believe.....
          Ak funhog, Check your temp setting, it might be because it's reached its desired temp and won't call for flame refire till it falls below that desired threshold so it idles till then. Bump up your thermostat a bit and she will restart the fuel pump, fire off and crank out heat till it warms up to the set temp, then idle down again and shuts off the fuel pump. Call with any Q's, I'm here to help!

Either brand heater in that size will keep your GC warm, no problem. You should have 4 vents in your boat Ebbtide and the ducting should be 3" and/or 4" to move lots of warm air. Typically 2 on the dash, 1 in the berth, and 1 on the floor of the cabin.
          I have crawled all over Yanerts boat every spring, his boat is a work of art and full of ingenious ideas. It's really pretty cool all the stuff he has done to her.
          my .02c.
          Bk
          Yup I saw he was having issues with an Espar. I just thought it was strange I was having the same problem. I definitely tried upping the temp to like 30 but could never get it to cycle back to heat. I had to turn it off, then re-fire it.

Not one issue with it this week though so....who knows. Love my Planar. The wifey reeeeeally loves it.

Comment

Just to leave no stone unturned, has anyone tried the electrical defrosters, either 12v or 110. I have been looking at them online and reading reviews and they seem to either require to much power 500-1500volts each (probably need more then one) or output is insufficient. Anyone have any first hand experience with them?
            "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
            MMSI#

Comment

Ebbtide... I tried an electric defroster a few years ago, didn't take long to give up on that idea.

Comment

That is pretty much what I thought. BK is suppose to give me a call when he has some room in his shop.
                "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
                MMSI#

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X