Joined the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the Family

I've been meaning to post something up for quite awhile but life has gotten crazy busy over the last 6 months. My wife and I finally found a new boat after looking for a couple years. Thanks to Spoiled One for keeping an eye out for us. In July we were able to pick up a 27 x 9.5 GC. It has twin 150hp Yamaha's which I'm surprised to say perform quite well. Unfortunately we didn't get to spend much time on it this summer but it fits our family much better than our last boat. I have a ton of questions I'll hopefully post up in the coming weeks but for now we're pretty happy. Thanks to everyone for their help finding a new boat. Hopefully we'll have a chance to see you on the water.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    sigpic

Patrick,
    About time, congrats on your new ride.
    Pics, whats her name, details?!
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
      Patrick,
      About time, congrats on your new ride.
      Pics, whats her name, details?!
      Bk
      Thanks BK. You have no idea how much you nailed it. Her name is 'Bout Time'. She's a 2008 27ft Coho which comes in at nearly 28ft by 9.5ft beam. The difference in space between it and our 26ft Hewescraft PC is amazing. I can't say much about performance other than to say the 3 times we took her out before winter we averaged 1.75mpg but saw up to 2+mpg. When I say average, this was on the low end but it's what I use for fuel planning. I've been very surprised and impressed with the suitability of the 150hp Yamaha's. I was expecting her to be a bit of a dog but she does quite well. Top speed is around 38mph but could be 40+mph. Have yet to really push her. Optimal cruise seems to be 28mph. About my only complaints would be to have more than the 135gal fuel capacity, full length hull under the transom and maybe twin 200hp especially if I doubled the fuel capacity. Other than that she fits us well and we'll probably hang on to her for quite awhile. Thanks again to Spoiled One in helping us find her.

I'll posted some pics of her from when I bought her but we're rapidly making changes to suit our needs.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

More pics......
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

More pics...
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Even more...
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Two more...
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Last two...
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Wow. Very nice. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                  Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                  Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                  MMSI# 338232859

Comment

What size props are you running? Sure wish I had 135 gallons, mine was suppose to be 150 gallons, but I can only get 120 gallons in it. Have over 1400 hours on the 150's and they are still running strong.

Comment

Very nice boat Patick!
                      Look forward to rafting up and checking her out.

Doing any more trips this year?

Bk
                      BK Marine Services 232-6399
                      Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                      Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                      Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by GoneAgain View Post
                        Sure wish I had 135 gallons, mine was suppose to be 150 gallons, but I can only get 120 gallons in it.

I don't know how helpful this will be, it all depends on you being able to measure the tank.

Is the problem the fuel tank is only 120 gallons or is there a plumbing problem? The capacity of a fuel tank can be found by measuring (in inches) and multiply the length by the width by the depth and divide by 231.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneAgain View Post
                          What size props are you running? Sure wish I had 135 gallons, mine was suppose to be 150 gallons, but I can only get 120 gallons in it. Have over 1400 hours on the 150's and they are still running strong.
                          The props are Yamaha Reliant Series 14.25 by 17 pitch. I'm actually not sure what size the fuel tank is. It's just what the previous owner told me.

So it sounds like you have the same boat. Anything you can tell me about about what to expect would be great.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
                            Very nice boat Patick!
                            Look forward to rafting up and checking her out.

Doing any more trips this year?
                            Bk
                            Thanks BK. I think we're done for this year given the steep icy roads.

Hope to see you on the water next season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! Those are some awesome boats. My family and friends had some great times on them. I ended up going with another vendor, but I would have considered one used for sure. Funny how most the GC boat names have a common theme. See you on the water next year!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X