Transom extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom extension

I just had the transom boxed in and the hull extended. It is a nice improvement and looks like I picked up some improved performance and fuel economy. I have been averaging 1.2 miles to the gallon with a full load and looks like I averaged 1.35 on the trip out of Whittier. It may change a bit on the Seward trips. My thanks to Ashbreeze boat works and Gary's welding in the Valley. Nice job.

Glad it's working well. It was nice to finally hook the boats up on the water. She looks great! It was great weather.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' sigpic Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Comment

I realize this is an older thread, but could you post pics of your transom? What features did you add, if any? What are the dimensions? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Colby Jack View Post
        I realize this is an older thread, but could you post pics of your transom? What features did you add, if any? What are the dimensions? Thanks.
        Sorry for the poor cell phone pics. You can see the added planing surface and floatation added to the ET.

sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Cizmo Transom Extension

Kudos to Ashbreez and Greatland Welding...
          The boat runs more level (i.e., bow down) and gets on plane at lower R's than before.

Work was done this past April/May.

Comment

Cizmo Transom Extension

More pics

Comment

care to share what something like this costs to have welded on? Im having the same problem with my Hewes and want to explore my options. Thanks.

Ron

Comment

Extended Transom

Originally posted by Ronster View Post
                care to share what something like this costs to have welded on? Im having the same problem with my Hewes and want to explore my options. Thanks.

Ron
                Ron

Here is a picture of the full height ET Silverstreak put on my SeaRunner a couple of years ago. The added flotation is great!

2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                Twin 175 Suzuki's
                "Thunderbird"
                MMSI #338033856

Comment

Mind sharing ROM costs for your extension? You can PM if you want.

Comment

The transom enclosure seems to be a great idea on most all of the 100+ boats that we have built. Several years ago we started enclosing the CET to make a full length CET on all of our boats.
                    In most cases we like to remove the motors to do an enclosure but it is not always necessary. Cost really depends on what we have to remove to be able to do the enclosure.

Comment

Seems like they were actually asking how much it would cost if "someone" was to actually WORK on a boat. Don't you think?

Comment

I paid around 5k for the extension at Gary's Welding. There were also some minor repairs to the sliding door and a rod holder that needed to be reattached. Those repairs were included in the 5k bill.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X