No announcement yet.

Forum Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote to let it go and roll the threads into the power-boat forum. We don't need a special forum to showcase these boats.

Comment

Keeping the Glaciercraft Forum

Greetings Mike,

I will be willing to put $100 towards the Glaciercraft Forum if you can convince seven other owners/forum members to do the same.

V/r,

FRANK

Comment

Let's just let it ride for now. We'll keep looking for a sponsor, and if you folks have suggestions I'm all ears.

The problem we've been saddled with ("we" being Internet content providers) is that the Internet culture has developed around the almost universal expectation that everything is free. The problem comes when you have to pay for server space, I.T. work, staff, writers, hosting, and a ton of other stuff. The money has to come from somewhere. The least intrusive means is advertising, which is what we've done. But some don't like the ads... and don't want to contribute financially. So it's a no-win scenario.

Let's keep this going and address it in a year.

Regards,

-Mike
        Michael Strahan
        Site Owner
        Alaska Hunt Consultant
        1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Mike,
          I am in the communications/IT business and deal with this attitude quite frequently. I figured that this forum (if used properly and often) could save the owners a great deal of money in maintenance and upgrades. Anyone who has hopes of buying or even operating one of these expensive aluminum fish killers should have a honest 'how to' source they can refer to. I would put money towards that end if we (I guess that is you and I) can get some enthusiastic owner/operators to start developing some content.

Let me know your thoughts and maybe over the year we (yep, that you and I again) can increase the value of the forum and maybe also attract some high-end sponsorship to offset the costs of operations.

V/r,

FRANK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X