Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny's boat had a stock bucket. We just had it out again this morning shooting some footage. Will post acouple of clips later today
    or tommorrow. Seeing is believing.

Comment

Not to be the village idiot here, but do sport jets really have a hard time backing up the chena???? Never been in one, so go easy.

Comment

With the stock reverse gate it will barely move upsteam against a current. The new one is considerably better.
        Sorry for the delay but we should have a video on youtube later tonight.

Comment

Here is the link to the reverse gate footage http://www.youtube.com/user/boatshopguys?feature=mhum
          Take a look and see what you think.

Comment

nice job guys...
            ------------------------------------------------
            pull my finger....

Comment

Yes, great addition to the SJ... Kudos to the Wooly crew!

Comment

I thought I'd give the reverse bucket from Exact Welding a try. Here are a few picts.

Along with redirecting the reverse flow, they use acetal plastic for the bushing.

Kelvin

Comment

Originally posted by KelvinG View Post
                  I thought I'd give the reverse bucket from Exact Welding a try. Here are a few picts.

Along with redirecting the reverse flow, they use acetal plastic for the bushing.

Kelvin
                  What does that one cost the wooly one seems great but I think Ill wait untill the bushing wear out on my old one before I replace it
                  Is it opening day of duck season yet
                  Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Originally posted by skybust View Post
                    What does that one cost the wooly one seems great but I think Ill wait untill the bushing wear out on my old one before I replace it
                    1 -------------- Exw-reverse bucket ------------------------ $495.00
                    2 ------------- Acetal bushings extra ------- $12.50 ea ----- $ 25.00
                    Frieght ------- $ 36.45
                    -------------
                    Total $ 556.45

Acetal is supposed to be some good stuff, but the way glacier silt eats up the stock bushings I thought I just keep a set on hand.

I have no doubt the wooly bucket is a very good one, they do good work.

I like the way this seems to wrap around a little bit more, but like everything else I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages to that. I will enjoy figuring them out.

Comment

That video should sell a ton of buckets, plus, it gives a nice Hamilton look to the back of the jet.
                      Joe
                      09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

Originally posted by KelvinG View Post
                        1 -------------- Exw-reverse bucket ------------------------ $495.00
                        2 ------------- Acetal bushings extra ------- $12.50 ea ----- $ 25.00
                        Frieght ------- $ 36.45
                        -------------
                        Total $ 556.45

Acetal is supposed to be some good stuff, but the way glacier silt eats up the stock bushings I thought I just keep a set on hand.

I have no doubt the wooly bucket is a very good one, they do good work.

I like the way this seems to wrap around a little bit more, but like everything else I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages to that. I will enjoy figuring them out.
                        Thanks for the info let me know how it works when you get it on the boat
                        Is it opening day of duck season yet
                        Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Originally posted by Madboater View Post
                          Here is the link to the reverse gate footage http://www.youtube.com/user/boatshopguys?feature=mhum
                          Take a look and see what you think.
                          Very impressive madboater, What do you think about letting me try one out and compair it to mine with the extentions? If it's the big of an improvement I'll just leave on the boat and pay you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by f0zzy2 View Post
                            What do you think about letting me try one out and compair it to mine with the extentions? If it's the big of an improvement I'll just leave on the boat and pay you for it.
                            My suggestion to anyone who wants to try one of the buckets out is, unless you have $599 burning a hole in your pocket, don't try it....because you'll definitely like it...

I was doing some more dinking around yesterday with the new bucket, both on my boat and an Extreme Shallow...I didn't really realize just how much better it is until I put the stock bucket back on....Holy Cow... absolutely 'night and day' difference...

I shot a little bit of video that really illustrates just how much water doesn't get directed well with the stock bucket....I never realized just how much water is blasted all over the place above the waterline and not back under the boat.... With the new bucket, essentially none of the water ends up above the water line...viewing the boat from the side it is quite noticeable how much more water is sent under the boat...

I got my boat up to 4.8 mph in reverse....at that point the back end was getting driven down and pushing so much water I'm not sure the boat is capable of going much faster backwards even if someone was towing me... I guess the boat just isn't designed to get anywhere fast in reverse...

another thing I noticed right off the get go on the Extreme Shallow was the handling in reverse....with the shallower bow it just comes around so much more quickly, truly a substantial difference...so Fozzy, with your boat I suspect that it won't be quite as nimble as the Extreme Shallow, but I'm positive you'll like it...I suspect that anyone with Phantom, SJX, Extreme Shallow, Predator, Sea Ark, etc will be impressed....heck, it will bolt right up to the older 175hp Sport Jets too....

If anyone here in south central wants to give it a try I'd be happy to let you test it on your boat....but, unlike testing it up at The Boat Shop, you won't have the option to pay me for it....you'll have to give it back
                            pull my finger....

Comment

Impressive video; the email's I received on this were spot on. That said, the positives look clear - but what are the negatives besides spending $600 I didn't plan on spending after already having upgrades done to my boat this year?

TJM what were your RPM's while in reverse to get to your max speed? Did you do a comparison? Thanks.
                              "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
                                Impressive video
                                I agree...I just watched it again, and in the second shot of the boat just going backwards (not spinning around) he was backing up the river...I know the Chena isn't exactly a fast river, but still impressive....they did a nice job with the video...

Originally posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
                                TJM what were your RPM's while in reverse to get to your max speed? Did you do a comparison? Thanks.
                                I didn't compare RPM's...I didn't even think about it....but I'd be happy to note the RPM's next time I'm out and report back to you...or, I'd be happy to meet you after work this week at the lake, we could have the bucket on your boat in less than 10 minutes and we can find out together on your boat.... I'm sure others wouldn't mind hearing your feedback about the bucket too...the bucket hasn't been tested on a Phantom yet...
                                pull my finger....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X