Wooldridge Sport--needs defrost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooldridge Sport--needs defrost!

Ok, another question. While it was leaking like crazy yesterday, it occurred to us that a heater blower of some sort would be great. We couldn't see worth a darn all day. I felt like we couldn't maintain a safe watch for other boaters with our windows like that.
    I got home and started checking the sites for boat heaters and such and just didn't find anything that caught my eye. What I would like to have is something I can mount under the front bow or under the dash and have a "Y" or 2 hoses to direct airflow to each front windshield. I am thinking an electric heater because of the outboard. That would help knock the chill offf the cabin, plus keep the windows clear. Any thoughts? :think:
    Attached Files

We use a Mr heater for the heat and a fan moumted to blow on the sheild works great for us.

Comment

disregard the image in my post, its of the wrong unit. This one is a water core heater unit. Won't work on an outboard of course.

Comment

If its just to keep the fogging down on the window interior, a fan would do it. Warming up the interior is going to need lots of Wattage. Always tradeoffs, inboards allow you to have heat, but no prop etc...
        Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Akdube, what sort of a fan do you have mounted?

Comment

This is something I like..I can mount it under the dash and route the vents right where I need them...but would it put out enough air flow??

Comment

Hey Mark, are you ready to get that boat of yours on the river
              sigpic

Comment

looking forward to it. But its got a prop on it right now and my plan is to enjoy the ocean and get some reds/silvers and halibut before I put the jet on.
                how long does it take to install a jet foot?

Comment

Its a 12 volt equipment fan that I got at napa. has a wire mesh gaurd not very big maybe 6-7 inchs. this is mounted on my dash pointed up or above or to the side pointed across the glass. You would probably want one for each side with a switch for each individually.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenator View Post
                    looking forward to it. But its got a prop on it right now and my plan is to enjoy the ocean and get some reds/silvers and halibut before I put the jet on.
                    how long does it take to install a jet foot?
                    An hour and a beer.
                    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. akdube, does that little fan work well for you??

Comment

a little dish soap hand soap or some kind of soap on the windows will keep them clear so you can see also Marita is selling the espar heater that will install under your dash heat and defrost but lots of $

Comment

I am thinking an electric heater because of the outboard. That would help knock the chill offf the cabin, plus keep the windows clear. Any thoughts? :think:
                          If you are thinking electric, i am thinking looonnnggg extension cord???
                          www.polebendersfishing.com

Comment

I know you have some experience with diesel heaters and might give that some thought for your boat. It would allow you to have a dry source of heat that you could run with your engine on or off which would be nice for your family.
                            http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

I just installed a Webasto AT2000 in my Arima with 2 ducts/vents on the helm for the windows, and another pair in the bulkhead blowing on the two front seats. And I can easily add a vent in the v-berth if the wife wants it. It's noisier than the big buddy, but not obnoxious. And it puts out more heat than my Jeep ever did. A couple of weeks ago it took all of about 10 minutes to melt the frost off the windows. It certainly shouldn't have any problems keeping the fog off. And, as long as she never finds out how much I paid for it, it will also keep the wife happy on those "cooler" days out in the Sound.

The big buddy heater we had was better than nothing for taking the chill off. But they pump out a lot of moisture, and would actually cause the windows to fog up until it got really warm in the cabin.
                              Originally posted by northwestalska
                              ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X