Looking for open water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for open water

I am looking for some open water in one of the valley lakes so I can do some test runs with the boat. I am installing an alumaducer transducer and want to be absolutely sure it is in a good location before glueing it in place.
    20' Wooldridge Sport 08' 150hp E-Tec
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

Checked out Finger Lake today, edges are open and the boat launch is starting open up. Couple more warm days and stiff wind should do the trick.

Comment

It usually opens up the first week of May, give or take...

Comment

Originally posted by XLSJ View Post
        Checked out Finger Lake today, edges are open and the boat launch is starting open up. Couple more warm days and stiff wind should do the trick.
        I drive by there each day to go to work. It probably needs a week or so, but I do agree it is melting really fast. Perhaps this weekend?

Comment

Please let us know when it is open, I need to take my new boat out on the lake and get used to it before I can follow TJM on those rivers...thanx...
          "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Comment

How about we bump this thread up. Has anyone been out to finger to check it out in the last 24 hours?

Comment

I went out there last night. the launch is still iced up. from the shore line out there is about 10' of open water. Over behind the camp host parking spot there is a larger opening, but nothing i would waste my time with.
              2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
              SD309 AT
              2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
              Custom Mod's

Comment

I ran the Knik, from glenn to old glen, last sunday in my 1875xs. This was my first run in this boat and i have 0 jetboat experience. Very shallow in spots, but i only got stuck once. I will be going out for another run this afternoon. Launch at the glen was a bit steep, but it can be done fairly easily, and the water should start to come up.

Comment

just checked finger lake today 4/28/11 1:00 looks like a couple more days and it will be open enough to launch and run might have to do a little ice sliding just for fun

Comment

Just stopped by Finger Lake boat launch...there are some islands of open water but a lot more of ice...DOH!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like maybe by Sunday we will have enough water...

Comment

I'm going there sunday then.......yipee!!!!

Comment

I'm still going to wait until one of our fine "spotters" come back with a thumbs up. At the price of fuel I ain't wastin' a drop until I know it's open...

Comment

That is darn close to clearing up, not sure it will be gone by Sunday, but you can bet next weekend it will be wide open.

Comment

I'm off to Finger Lake...."fishon"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X