Finally on the water !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally on the water !!!

Met up with HalibutCollier and hopped in his boat and finally got on the water...

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

little bit of ice...

ice shelf launch...

Collier getting a little twisted up in the jamb....

pull my finger....

Comment

plenty open to run...

pull my finger....

Comment

even managed to squeeze in a little winching time...Collier got his first couple stucks of the year out of the way...

pull my finger....

Comment

Looks like you had a great day for boating. How far up and downstream from the bridge could you go? Brian what were your impressions of the high skew? Wish I could have been able to join you guys today.

Comment

Originally posted by akgravelpumper View Post
            How far up and downstream from the bridge could you go?
            about a mile down stream there's a hefty ice jamb...passable, but we decided against it...

we only ran up stream about a mile or so...

so total river covered today was only a couple miles....so we had to run it a few times... ...Brian decided to kill some time by getting stuck just so we wouldn't have a short day...he's very thoughtful like that...
            pull my finger....

Comment

soooooo jealous

thanks for the update.
              09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

Sure wish I could have been there too. Great looking pictures.
                27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Looks like you guys had fun! Whereabouts did you guys launch from? I'm thinking of trying to make a run out there tomorrow afternoon if everything goes well.
                  NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Comment

Regarding the jamb: I could swear you would be able to hear me yell "TURN OFF THE CAMERA".
                    T you gave me so many good pointers today I NEEDED to know how a seasoned professional uses a come along I also wanted to try out the wheel kit. Two birds, one stone!
                    The high skew rocks! world of difference as far as the hole shot. I did lose some top end, but totally worth it imo.
                    We launched directly under the bridge. there is an ice ledge that was perfect, better get there soon, maybe gone tomorrow!
                    BRING ON THE SOFT WATER!

Comment

I'm so jelious but more cautious still!!! Looks like alot of fun....I checked finger lake yesterday and it should be open by next weekend if the weather stays the same. So, soon I will go with you all....
                      "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time. It is better to burn that fuel than have it sitting in the tank! I drove by 20 mile today and the launch was clear. One truck and trailer parked there.
                        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

I saw the guys at 20 mile pull out and they said it is pretty shallow and they had a heck of a time getting the boat back out of the water at low tide. Looks doable but there is an ice ledge (18"-24") just under the surface They had a 16' jon and only went up a a mile or two, still too much ice. 20 mile still needs more time IMHO.

Comment

Looked like fun. I wish I could've been there, yet glad I wasn't there pushing on a 2000lbs boat.
                            sigpic

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X