davit pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davit pictures

i am going to be building a davit for out boat soon and want to see some pics of what others have done. it will be going on a bayliner 2556 and i will be using a honda powered puller buying the moter and capstan and building it myself

Originally posted by rmk4x4 View Post
    i am going to be building a davit for out boat soon and want to see some pics of what others have done. it will be going on a bayliner 2556 and i will be using a honda powered puller buying the moter and capstan and building it myself
    All i'm going to say is watch out for riding turns on that capstan, they'll grab ya and hurt ya in a blink.
    sigpic
    Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Comment

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
      All i'm going to say is watch out for riding turns on that capstan, they'll grab ya and hurt ya in a blink.
      my mom and dad bought some gear from you a few days ago thanks for getting them setup as we are new to shrimping. Will be carfull not to loose any fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by rmk4x4 View Post
        my mom and dad bought some gear from you a few days ago thanks for getting them setup as we are new to shrimping. Will be carfull not to loose any fingers.
        OK now i know who you are!! We talked about the hauler when they were here. Make sure the line leads into the head at a slight angle and tape down any nubs or ends sticking out of the rope at knots or splices. A couple of kill switches to the motor would be good to have in different locations.
        sigpic
        Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
        Ropes, Buoys, Bait
        alaskashrimppots.com
        907 775 1692

Comment

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
          OK now i know who you are!! We talked about the hauler when they were here. Make sure the line leads into the head at a slight angle and tape down any nubs or ends sticking out of the rope at knots or splices. A couple of kill switches to the motor would be good to have in different locations.

so you want your pully on the davit to have a slight angle to the out side of the head is that right? i was thinking about a teather kill on the moter seems like it would be good thing. we went with the honda cause putting it togeather ourselves was cheaper than anthing you could buy local even after shipping. on the davit i am thinking about 1 1/2 sch 40 pipe with a flat bar gussed the whole length of the davit i have the part to the boat figured out to be rock soild so dont want to worry about the davit as i am told the gas haulers will really pull. any advice i am all ears thanks Trevor

Comment

You'll want your line coming onto the head at less of a angle than this but you get what i mean, top and left would be coming from the block on the davit
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P4080286.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	2479098

If it comes on at a angle like this your sure to have a mess on your hands
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P4080287.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2479099
            sigpic
            Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
            Ropes, Buoys, Bait
            alaskashrimppots.com
            907 775 1692

Comment

thanks for the pics they help out alot will post some pics of the whole setup when i am done just waiting on the parts now

Comment

I also have the Honda gas puller on a davit. I bought mine together, and would build it taller if I were to start over. I installed another tube that my davit sits in, where I can spin it in towards the boat (as in this picture) for traveling, or out over the water (about 90 degrees from picture position) when in use. I also made it so I can lift it up another 1 1/2 feet taller (inside the outer tube) and pin it. I drilled 2 holes through both the davit and outside tube and bolt it in each position, so it won't move om me. Hopefully I did not confuse you on this!!

AkBillyBow
                Attached Files
                2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Comment

got our davit done last week and the honda moter and capstan put togeather turned out pretty nice is made from sch80 tube with 1/4 gusseting
                  Attached Files

Comment

built it with spring loaded pin to hold the davit were i wanted it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job. Looks great!!
                      2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X