Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoiled one
    replied
    Two to threes will not be a problem for you. You will get there in comfort and look good while you are at it!

Leave a comment:

• rhorn
    replied
    Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
    RHORN, do you get the "tippyness" at higher speeds that Scott does?
    When up and running the attitude of the boat will change when people are walking around and I adjust the trim tabs, like Snowwolfe indicates. My engines will only get me to ~ 22kts so I don't have the experience of higher speeds. I was out going across the toilet bowl in Port Wells the same day Retriever was. He was following another friend in a pilot house who was cruising when his situation occurred. The big issue is running parallel in 4+ footers, I have had the boat come off the top and dig into the trough...a real attention getter. In conditions like that I slow down and quarter the waves. I think every boat will act different and being able to run in bad seas highly depends on the experience of the captain, his familiarity with the boat and the best settings (outdrive/trim tabs) to run in given conditions. After you "dig-in" a few times, you quickly learn what not to do.

Leave a comment:

• excav8tr
    replied
    Boat will run high 40's easily but watching the Flo Scan is frightening.[/QUOTE]

HaHA.....but it's prob fun once in a while!!!......thanks for all the replys. i don't think there's any perfect boat out there, except spoiled one's maybe, but if the price is right, they sound like a good boat for up here. every thing has it's downfalls.....i can deal with the tippiness but bashing into 2-3' chop is no fun

Leave a comment:

• Snowwolfe
    replied
    Don't know if you guys are serious or not about this counter torque issue but our 24 Sea Sport has the 496 - 385hp with the duoprop. Nail the trottle and your gone in a straight line. No leaning unless some weight moves from side to side. Boat will run high 40's easily but watching the Flo Scan is frightening.

Leave a comment:

• nobaddaysinak
    replied
    I can attest to the "tippy" seasport. I just got mine about a year ago and it had me a bit nervous I haven't had a boat that reacts like this one (24 explorer). Yes if one person jumps out of their seat the boat will want to lay over, and until you get used to it it can be scary especially in the trough in 6-8 footers. BUT once you get the hang of never allowing your hand to leave the tabs and realize its not going to tip completely they are great boats, very comfortable, great efficiency with the single diesel and lots of comforts in a small package

Leave a comment:

• T.R. Bauer
    replied
    Nothing magical on my end. I work two jobs and did not marry another teacher. No way could I have this boat on my teaching salary and no way could I have had another custom boat built for anywhere near the price I paid. Cheers!
    Notice I didn't say lucky....Luck had nothing to do with it. You worked hard and planned for it. I know my brother ski boat has a duo prop configuration and he set it up that way because of the increase in top speed, better hole shots, and performance. It didn't have anything to do with countering torque. But maybe it does. If so that is interesting and pretty cool. I'm sure experts will chime in some time here and make us look more stupider....

Leave a comment:

• spoiled one
    replied
    Originally posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    There is no question how fast the machine you have is. I wish I had the bucks.....You're a fortunate guy that pulled it off somehow. I have too much other stuff and payments to afford for now....someday maybe
    Nothing magical on my end. I work two jobs and did not marry another teacher. No way could I have this boat on my teaching salary and no way could I have had another custom boat built for anywhere near the price I paid. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• T.R. Bauer
    replied
    I cannot tell. It happens so fast!
    There is no question how fast the machine you have is. I wish I had the bucks.....You're a fortunate guy that pulled it off somehow. I have too much other stuff and payments to afford for now....someday maybe

Leave a comment:

• spoiled one
    replied
    He has the duoprop. Shouldn't that counter the torque?

Leave a comment:

• T.R. Bauer
    replied
    As far as the leaning, I wouldn't be surprised it is due to the massive torque of the big block under the deck trying to twist the whole boat over....hence the counter-rotating assemblies on boats with twins. I don't have that problem with my twin hondas on my CD 22......LOL

However, with that said, I do have that problem with my 521 ci F-250 4x4 Ford as the front left tire wants to come off the ground on a hole shot.....It has serious tire wear problem that are unsolvable.....

Leave a comment:

• spoiled one
    replied
    Originally posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    Ok, so you wave.... but the question is does he wave back with all his fingers, or just one????
    I cannot tell. It happens so fast!

Leave a comment:

• T.R. Bauer
    replied
    Perhaps your hull is different. His 27 has 20 inch or so delta pad or flat spot that extends to mid ship or so. He may chime in here. He suspects that it might have to do with the additional weight of the fly bridge or the difference between a big single and the smaller twins? I don't know. I do know that he would like to be able to use all of those 370 horses or so. I do wave as I pass him. I wouldn't want to be rude, you know.
    Ok, so you wave.... but the question is does he wave back with all his fingers, or just one????

Leave a comment:

• spoiled one
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Can't speak for rhorn but as far as "tippyness" all boats of this style have it to some extent. Flatter the bottom, the more level they ride if the load shifts. But when running a hull with as much deadrise as a Sea Sport it has to be expected. When running, if my son gets up and moves off the bench seat to get something on the other side of the boat you can feel the hull lean. A simple flick of one of the trim tabs and you are back level.
    Don't think I would enjoy a Sea Sport that does not have twin trim tabs, but with them running level is a piece of cake.
    Perhaps your hull is different. His 27 has 20 inch or so delta pad or flat spot that extends to mid ship or so. He may chime in here. He suspects that it might have to do with the additional weight of the fly bridge or the difference between a big single and the smaller twins? I don't know. I do know that he would like to be able to use all of those 370 horses or so. I do wave as I pass him. I wouldn't want to be rude, you know.

Leave a comment:

• Snowwolfe
    replied
    Can't speak for rhorn but as far as "tippyness" all boats of this style have it to some extent. Flatter the bottom, the more level they ride if the load shifts. But when running a hull with as much deadrise as a Sea Sport it has to be expected. When running, if my son gets up and moves off the bench seat to get something on the other side of the boat you can feel the hull lean. A simple flick of one of the trim tabs and you are back level.
    Don't think I would enjoy a Sea Sport that does not have twin trim tabs, but with them running level is a piece of cake.

Leave a comment:

• spoiled one
    replied
    RHORN, do you get the "tippyness" at higher speeds that Scott does?

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X