First Run of the year out of Whittier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Run of the year out of Whittier

Perfect day for the first run of the year. Slight chop, little wind , blue sky and about 40deg. And best of all diesel was $3.55/gallon at Shoreside today. Glad I filled the tanks before the Whittier seasonal gouge'em tax starts. Just an awesome day in the sound and only three more weeks till shrimp season opens.

Pics. We need pics!!!!!
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...gpic3804_1.gif

Comment

When does that gas tax start up? $3.55/gallon sounds too good to be true!

Comment

How about the ramps and parking?

Comment

Not sure about the gas prices. The contractors are working 7 days a week and I think double shifting trying to get everything done ( good luck). With all the construction stuff staged in the parking area its going to be fun getting in and out. Luckily I have a slip in Cliffside so now avoid the circus at the ramp.
          Whittier got about 8" of snow Friday but its almost all melted. Lowest snowpack I have ever seen down there.
          I heard the seasonal tax starts May 1.

Comment

Great. Thanks for the post and update.
            My Facebook My YouTube

Comment

Sales Tax in Whittier-Price of launch permits.

Sales tax starts in Whittier on Apr.1 and lasts til Oct. 1. Launch roundtrip is $20.00 or you can buy a yearly permit for $150 which allows you to launch as many time as you would like from Jan1 to Dec31. Your yearly permit will cost $154.50 after April 1st. Call them with a credit card # and they will mail it to you. You have 2 days left to get yearly permit at $150. Call them at 907-472-2327 ext. 6. They would be glad to help you.

Happy Boating

Comment

What is the parking costing these days? Is it still 10 bucks a day? Do they have monthly?
                Ryan
                Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

Comment

Originally posted by rpdeines View Post
                  What is the parking costing these days? Is it still 10 bucks a day? Do they have monthly?
                  They do monthly as well as seasonally. I am not sure what the monthly rate is but it is about $500 for the season.
                  sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                    They do monthly as well as seasonally. I am not sure what the monthly rate is but it is about $500 for the season.
                    I think it was 150 a month last year, no charge for all the potholes in the lot.
                    sigpic
                    Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
                    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                    alaskashrimppots.com
                    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
                    907 775 1692

Comment

any pictures?????
                      sigpic
                      ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
                      1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
                      MMSI# 338131469
                      Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here is a picture of the Moon on March 18, up in Port Wells

I hope you can veiw the pic, It was an awsome trip...flat water blue skies & mild temps

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X