Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some input....12 ft Achilles; 20hp Honda, couple of Rivers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for some input....12 ft Achilles; 20hp Honda, couple of Rivers

    I have done some searches on this forum and regarding this and I would like to solicit some additional input from your collective expertise.

    As mentioned I have a 12.5 ft Achilles with a 20 hp Honda outboard (just purchased)

    First off the Little Su: I am assuming I can get to the Susitna Flats from Burma with this set up. As I have read there will be shallow water but I have the power tilt for shallows and I expect this rig to do it. I have no compunction regarding getting out and lining it around real shallow stuff or jams. Am I crazy on this one?

    Next Up: Nenana. I would like to put in from the Denali Hwy and scoot up and down that a bit. From what I have seen it looks like the current is not too strong to go upstream for this rig just not sure how far I could go. Would this be correct?

    While I am in the area I will probably put in on the Little Su. This looks like a straight forward Alaskan water way so I would think I am good on this one regarding depth and current for my setup.

    (I do live here, just have not boated extensively.)

    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Alaska Armory -- http://www.facebook.com/AlaskaArmory
    Underwood Ammunition Dealer

  • #2
    Originally posted by cjjeeper View Post
    I have done some searches on this forum and regarding this and I would like to solicit some additional input from your collective expertise.

    As mentioned I have a 12.5 ft Achilles with a 20 hp Honda outboard (just purchased)

    First off the Little Su: I am assuming I can get to the Susitna Flats from Burma with this set up. As I have read there will be shallow water but I have the power tilt for shallows and I expect this rig to do it. I have no compunction regarding getting out and lining it around real shallow stuff or jams. Am I crazy on this one? .
    The little Su parts do-able... I have no experience on the Nenana.../John

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks John
      Alaska Armory -- http://www.facebook.com/AlaskaArmory
      Underwood Ammunition Dealer

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cjjeeper View Post

        While I am in the area I will probably put in on the Big Su. This looks like a straight forward Alaskan water way so I would think I am good on this one regarding depth and current for my setup.

        (I do live here, just have not boated extensively.)

        Thanks for the help in advance.
        Meant to Say Big Su on this one
        Alaska Armory -- http://www.facebook.com/AlaskaArmory
        Underwood Ammunition Dealer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cjjeeper View Post
          Meant to Say Big Su on this one
          Yeh, you can do the Big Su... easy... /John

          Comment


          • #6
            I took my 16 foot novarania up the big-su multiple times. I also got a pretty good ways up the deshka.
            Just make sure you have extra props. A rock guard would be a good investment also. Have fun! You can even take that thing out to Fox Island out of Seward on a calm day and slam some silvers.

            Comment


            • #7
              schweeet

              Originally posted by sthrcave View Post
              I took my 16 foot novarania up the big-su multiple times. I also got a pretty good ways up the deshka.
              Just make sure you have extra props. A rock guard would be a good investment also. Have fun! You can even take that thing out to Fox Island out of Seward on a calm day and slam some silvers.
              Thanks. I was wondering about the Deshka. This is going to be a blast.

              Thanks for the heads up on the props and rock guard.
              Alaska Armory -- http://www.facebook.com/AlaskaArmory
              Underwood Ammunition Dealer

              Comment

              Footer Adsense

              Collapse
              Working...
              X