jet boat from lake louise to tyone river to susitna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet boat from lake louise to tyone river to susitna

Looking for a lil info on running my jet boat from lake louise to the Su....Pls pm with any info thanks...Reilly
    sigpic "The Footprint of the American Chicken"

heard it gets rocky at the transition between the 2 lakes. Have also heard that it is runnable in a prop most of the time....sometimes they had to get out and push.....about 1/2 the time.

I will be heading that way a couple times this summer in a zodiac with a prop and an 18 foot smoker craft with a jet on it....scouting for DC480 tags.

Comment

Once you leave tyone lake and the lilly patch, it is not runable with a prop. The creek is very narrow, sometimes only one boat (I have bounced my boat off the banks) at a time. There are shallow rocky areas that (depending on water level) will require you to drag your boat across.
      sigpic
      ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
      1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
      MMSI# 338131469
      Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

"river" info

Originally posted by reilly View Post
        Looking for a lil info on running my jet boat from lake louise to the Su....Pls pm with any info thanks...Reilly
        Post lots of info B4 you go, 'cause it might be your last post ever.

Are you aware what the water levels have been the past few years? (Low).

If you go when the water is high, you might possibly make it downriver.... but then go ahead and turn your boat into a taco stand down there 'cause I'm betting you ain't makin' it back.

I don't mean to naysay a fine adventure; I'm offering a word of advice and caution to be ready to modify your flight plan when you see conditions on that "river".

Comment

Been there, done that...once you leave Tyone Lake you are immediately in a "Hull Inspection Zone", some people call it a rock garden. I would recommend a rivet gun and plywood to repair the bottom of your boat while in the field and have lots of replacement parts for your outdrive set up. Of course, there are people that have done it without a scratch, but not in the conditions I was in!
          "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X