Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailers

Hey all. I am looking for a trailer for my 24' Munson Landing craft. I just bought it several weeks ago, but am still without a trailer. Called original builder, said the boat probably weighs in the neighborhod of 5500 lbs, sound correct? So i'm thinking a tandam axle trailer is best, or a heavy duty single. Planing on pulling it with a 1/2 ton GMC, any body know of any good deals on trailers. CL and alaskaslist didn't have much. Dont really want to pay full price for a new EZloader or King.

Don't "want" to pay or "can't" pay for a new trailer? I'll never understand why anyone would skimp out on the trailer that is holding up their prized possession. You need a minimum tandem axle for your load. Forget about finding a used one-size-fits-all trailer and go to a builder with your boat to get a real trailer custom fit to your boat. Full bunks; no rollers. Have no idea what you have for builders down in Kodiak, so I can't help you there. Start in the yeller pages.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

There is a guy that is in Delta Junction that sells aluminum trailers at better prices than the dealers. The brand is Hi-Tech Marine. I have had mine for a few years and I am happy so far. The main website is www.kjenterprisesllc.com, and the manufacture website is http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/.

2009 Seawolf 31'
      www.seawolfmarine.com
      Fully Loaded

Comment

Look if you want the toughest trailer on the road that is twice the trailer of a bolt together king/easyloader and less money.. Look no further than TuffTrailer in Lynden Wa. http://www.tufftrailer.com/ I got a welded galvanized triple axle rated for a 12,000lb boat, w/ stainless disc surge brakes, w/ all stainless hardware ( the hardware on my galvy king was cheap chinese steel) a spare tire ready to go for 6500.00 which is about 2k less than king/easyloader and its welded not bolted. FYI don't go through the dealer in eagle river he's a jackass. Go straight to the source
        sigpic

I'm taking a poll
        <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Alaska Boat Trailers in Anchorage has the Tuff Trailers also, Kevin is very knowledgable and has several to choose from and has more coming up all the time.
          give him a call at 632-1759
          19' Lowe Roughneck
          90/65 Honda 4 stroke
          Outboard Jet

Comment

I've been talking with these folks about a trailer for my new boat, http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com great folks to deal with, all trailers are custom built to fit your boat. They have quite a few of their trailers in the area.
            sigpic
            Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
            Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
            Ropes, Buoys, Bait
            alaskashrimppots.com
            akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
            907 775 1692

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
              Alaska Boat Trailers in Anchorage has the Tuff Trailers also, Kevin is very knowledgable and has several to choose from and has more coming up all the time.
              give him a call at 632-1759
              Yeah I bought mine through him even though i was in Bellingham building my boat I went through Kevin to keep it in Alaska . He stopped by the shop I was in and made some wise crack about com-fishing and I pointed to the door and told him not to let it hit him in the ass and if he didn't snap-too in an orderly fashion my boot was gonna go along w/ him.... after we built 6 gillnetters and we sold 6 tuff-trailers for him I wasn't real receptive to any wise-ass anti-comfish talk especially after a long rainy bellingham day pulling boat wire and arguing w/ my partner
              sigpic

I'm taking a poll

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I called Kevin with TuffTrailers, he gave me prices of 3 trailers that would fit my weight range. Kinda steap, i'm thinking of calling a supplier in Seattle, and having a buddy with connections get it shipped. Kevin had a 1500-2000 dollar markup from what the TuffTrailer website said.

Comment

I noticed a guy on the Anchorage Craigslist that had a triple axle boat trailer he used for a 32 foot boat for $1500. It may be a rust bucket or it may be something a guy could fix up and get alot of use out of. Might be worth checking out. If you have the tools and know how you could rebuild a trailer like that and customize it to fit your boat like a glove. Might be worth a try if your leaning that way.

Comment

Here's some of Loadmasters work, i think they build a nice trailer
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ss trailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	2478748 Click image for larger version

Name:	ss trailer side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	2478749
                    sigpic
                    Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
                    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                    alaskashrimppots.com
                    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
                    907 775 1692

Comment

Call tailer world in Portland, been there, they all kinds of new trailers. Talk to Shane..

Comment

Originally posted by kodiak486 View Post
                        Thanks for all the help. I called Kevin with TuffTrailers, he gave me prices of 3 trailers that would fit my weight range. Kinda steap, i'm thinking of calling a supplier in Seattle, and having a buddy with connections get it shipped. Kevin had a 1500-2000 dollar markup from what the TuffTrailer website said.
                        Kevin stacks trailers about 10 high then rallys them up the Alcan, if it were me I'd go to the source in Lynden its like 5 min from the Bellingham airport
                        Plus he doesn't know when to keep his pie hole shut. Walks in a warehouse full of gillnetters and starts running his meat flaps. Nah he's not the sharpest tool...
                        sigpic

I'm taking a poll

Comment

Originally posted by fullbush View Post
                          Kevin stacks trailers about 10 high then rallys them up the Alcan,
                          Kevin hasn't ran up the highway in several years, they all come up by barge.

Now I'm only "hearing" one set of "meat flaps"
                          19' Lowe Roughneck
                          90/65 Honda 4 stroke
                          Outboard Jet

Comment

Originally posted by fullbush View Post
                            Yeah I bought mine through him even though i was in Bellingham building my boat I went through Kevin to keep it in Alaska . He stopped by the shop I was in and made some wise crack about com-fishing and I pointed to the door and told him not to let it hit him in the ass and if he didn't snap-too in an orderly fashion my boot was gonna go along w/ him.... after we built 6 gillnetters and we sold 6 tuff-trailers for him I wasn't real receptive to any wise-ass anti-comfish talk especially after a long rainy bellingham day pulling boat wire and arguing w/ my partner
                            Your making that part up for whatever reason only you can know that.

I'm sure you don't quite remember the conversation since the refer smoke was so thick in the shop that Kevin had to step back outside so he didn't get a contact high.

Kevin used to be a commercial fisherman and supports them completely, he even gives them very big discounts or did you forget that part too?

"Plus he doesn't know when to keep his pie hole shut. Walks in a warehouse full of gillnetters and starts running his meat flaps. Nah he's not the sharpest tool... "
                            Are you refering to the part where you followed him around whinning about not having any money and he understood since he commercial fished also but you were to stoned to realize he agreed with you?
                            19' Lowe Roughneck
                            90/65 Honda 4 stroke
                            Outboard Jet

Comment

potbuilder is this galavinized or painted, gavinizing is close to a grand more.

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
                              Here's some of Loadmasters work, i think they build a nice trailer
                              [ATTACH]46615[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]46616[/ATTACH]
                              Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                              www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X