Whittier launch permit up $30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whittier launch permit up $30

Just called the Whittier harbor masterís office and ordered my launch permit, $150 :upset:this year; up $30 from last I think. That was a bit of a surprise having just read here the price was same as last year.
    In the big scheme of things $30 is nothing I guess, just looking forward to another season on the water.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

sigpic

Did they mention what the single use rate was gonig to be this year?
    sigpic

Comment

I didnít ask about the single use rate, sorry.
      The lady I talked to asked for my boat name than gave me a permit number, that wasnít part of the transaction last year. She was going to mail me the sticker but again mentioned the permit number, I guess if you donít have the sticker you can just state your permit number or something.
      Jay
      07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
      OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

:upset::upset:What do they say, "A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into":upset::upset:
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Hole in the water is right. You just need enough to plug the hole and leave some at the fuel dock!!! Harbor moorage fees only went up 9.75% this year.

Comment

I was expecting this to be the daily launch was going to be $30.

Not that an additional $10 a trip or $30 a season is a killer, but it really does make one want to just drive past the Whittier turn off and keep going to Seward.
            Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

All they need is a mask and a gun.
              sigpic
              Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
              Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
              Ropes, Buoys, Bait
              alaskashrimppots.com
              akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
              907 775 1692

Comment

Just called the harbor office, was told the single launch fee will still be $20.

Comment

Did you at least get a happy ending? Did they mention what we get for the extra coin? We will be down to just one launch this year, right?
                  sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                    Did you at least get a happy ending? Did they mention what we get for the extra coin? We will be down to just one launch this year, right?
                    I am not a Whittier regular, but that is what I heard, only one launch
                    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Originally posted by hoose35 View Post
                      I am not a Whittier regular, but that is what I heard, only one launch
                      shouldn't be too congested this summer if gas prices skyrocket

Comment

Originally posted by Jisler View Post
                        shouldn't be too congested this summer if gas prices skyrocket
                        When fuel hit $5.17 per gallon in the harbor a couple of seasons ago, it sure didn't slow things down much. I don't suspect this summer will be much different.
                        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

When fuel hit $5.17 per gallon in the harbor a couple of seasons ago, it sure didn't slow things down much. I don't suspect this summer will be much different.
                          You're right it didn't...except it was pretty lonely if you went out far. I remember on many ocassions out of Seward being all alone in a halibut hole when there are normally many boats bobbing around out that way. People were staying in the vicinity of the Bay to save some bucks. Out of Whittier, when I cruised down to Puffin Cove in Bainbridge for my annual 4th of July trip, I only saw a handful of recreational boat down that way. You know, sometimes it is nice to have a fuel efficient C-Dory. God knows I'm not celebrating though as high fuel prices are not the best thing for anyone. It really hurt to fill up my f-250 last night; it was nearly empty and it cost 180 bucks to fill it up......And it gets a stellar 10-11 MPG (5-6 gph)....I can imagine how 20 gallons per hour is going to hurt this summer for many folks in the big boats.

Comment

It sure did in Homer! I am guessing many people from the Anchorage area stayed closer to home and went to Whittier instead of making the long drive all the way to homer.
                            I remember going to Homer on a Saturday and not having to wait in line at all.
                            "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

It that a all summer pass the Deshka landing pass is 450 but like they say gotta pay to play
                              Is it opening day of duck season yet
                              Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X