Anybody hear of any rivers open yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody hear of any rivers open yet?

hehehe just a joke! gettin itchy to try out the rebuilt XS! COME ON BREAKUP!!

Yeah, the Chena's open below the powerplant here in Fairbanks, and there's always a few open leads on the Salcha if you're willing to drag your boat behind my Skandic.:nyanya: Gad this month is dragging by and we still have too much to go after that too.

Comment

6 weeks buddy...hang in there...
      ------------------------------------------------
      pull my finger....

Comment

Hey T, where will we find soft water first? I'll have some testing to do with my new Scott impellers and trim nozzle .
        09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

Any High School swimming pool...............hehehehehe
          ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

The Hudson, the passiac and the great lakes should all be open but I guess you have to have enough gas $$ to cover the trip
            If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

Whittier is ice free and just 50 miles away; pick a calm day and take her for a spin.
              Jay
              07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
              OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

I was out in whittier a few weeks ago, it is really nice scenery this time of the year. That was my first time in the salt and deep water so it was a fun experience and alot different coming from inland rivers.

Comment

The Chena stays open year round in down town Fairbanks. Bring it up I will video.

Comment

If the weather is halfway decent, I am going to Whittier on the 5th. Gotta work the kinks out before full fledge spring gets here!

Comment

been told that a good snow machine with paddle tread is as good as a boat when you run into open water lead on the frozen rivers, just punch the throttle ... I start thinking about liquid water activities late April to mid march .... Alaska winters are tough!

Comment

Originally posted by ocnfish View Post
                        been told that a good snow machine with paddle tread is as good as a boat when you run into open water lead on the frozen rivers, just punch the throttle ... I start thinking about liquid water activities late April to mid march .... Alaska winters are tough!

Water skipping sleds is *almost* as much fun as crashing jet boats!

Comment

HaHaHa .... just remember ... do not let anything but fear and common sense stand in the way of having fun :~)

Comment

Originally posted by ocnfish View Post
                            HaHaHa .... just remember ... do not let anything but fear and common sense stand in the way of having fun :~)
                            What is this "common sense" you speak of?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X