Anybody hear of any rivers open yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody hear of any rivers open yet?

hehehe just a joke! gettin itchy to try out the rebuilt XS! COME ON BREAKUP!!

Yeah, the Chena's open below the powerplant here in Fairbanks, and there's always a few open leads on the Salcha if you're willing to drag your boat behind my Skandic.:nyanya: Gad this month is dragging by and we still have too much to go after that too.

Comment

6 weeks buddy...hang in there...
      ------------------------------------------------
      pull my finger....

Comment

Hey T, where will we find soft water first? I'll have some testing to do with my new Scott impellers and trim nozzle .
        09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

Any High School swimming pool...............hehehehehe
          "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

The Hudson, the passiac and the great lakes should all be open but I guess you have to have enough gas $$ to cover the trip
            If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

Whittier is ice free and just 50 miles away; pick a calm day and take her for a spin.
              Jay
              07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
              OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

I was out in whittier a few weeks ago, it is really nice scenery this time of the year. That was my first time in the salt and deep water so it was a fun experience and alot different coming from inland rivers.

Comment

The Chena stays open year round in down town Fairbanks. Bring it up I will video.

Comment

If the weather is halfway decent, I am going to Whittier on the 5th. Gotta work the kinks out before full fledge spring gets here!

Comment

been told that a good snow machine with paddle tread is as good as a boat when you run into open water lead on the frozen rivers, just punch the throttle ... I start thinking about liquid water activities late April to mid march .... Alaska winters are tough!

Comment

Originally posted by ocnfish View Post
                        been told that a good snow machine with paddle tread is as good as a boat when you run into open water lead on the frozen rivers, just punch the throttle ... I start thinking about liquid water activities late April to mid march .... Alaska winters are tough!

Water skipping sleds is *almost* as much fun as crashing jet boats!

Comment

HaHaHa .... just remember ... do not let anything but fear and common sense stand in the way of having fun :~)

Comment

Originally posted by ocnfish View Post
                            HaHaHa .... just remember ... do not let anything but fear and common sense stand in the way of having fun :~)
                            What is this "common sense" you speak of?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X