Got my new (to me) airboat and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new (to me) airboat and.....

I need to buy or aquire two 15 or 30 gallon poly drums for fuel. If anyone know where to get some or has other ideas on how to carry extra fuel let me know...Thanks..

Polly Drums

Where are you? If You are in Fairbanks Sentry Hardware has a bunch of them
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Comment

LETS SEE A PIC, and give us the details. Lycoming? CSB? Dual wooden paddle prop?
      sigpic

Comment

gas drums

call me I can help with the gas drums. Must have been a l-o-n-g test run.

Comment

barrels 4 U

If you are in the valley, check out the guy around the corner from Fred Meyers on the Palmer-Wasilla. He is next to the old Wet Willys car wash. 15 gall clear poly barrels for $20. Also 20 or 25 gall for slightly more.
          BK
          BK Marine Services 232-6399
          Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
          Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
          Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Thanks guys....

My boat is 16', 350 carb, 6 blade carbon, up and down steering, 78 hours on motor...and I need to learn how to run it effectively and efficently....I tried it out on the Knik and I will have to learn to use the trim tabs to my advantage...boy, I think an airboat is the way to go for me...

I would like to replace the trailer axle with a tandem axle set up, but that might have to wait for more money to be saved up...LOL. I might even paint it, but the wife says she likes it the way it is...

I am trying to attach a picture..we will see if it works.

Comment

Trying to load picture...no luck...

any pointers or directions...thanks

The problem is my photo is 640 kb and I am only allowed 48kb...what can I do?

thanks.

Comment

The photo is in my profile...

How do I get it to show up???

Thanks.

Comment

calndux ,

Do you have 2 tanks or 1 ? I put another tank on mine so I now hold 50 gal. Leonard said he could put a 100 gal tank on there .I run from the big Su bridge up and into sheep river on one tank.

I just uploaded it from my computer and made it smaller it in my photo shop.
                  Attached Files
                  PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

Nice boat you got...

I think I am a computer idiot...LOL

I have Kodak to load picture and I have quikstart and I have HP image viewer...and i can't see to get them to work.

I have two tanks for a total of 48 gallons...the 18 and 20 foot boats have more fuel storage...I guess my only option is to add a third or carry poly drums....if I need them...

Comment

calndux,
                      Email me your photo and I'll size it down and post it for you .

rogera@mtaonline.net

Comment

Thanks.

I will owe you one...

Comment

Sheep River

Congratulations Dux on the new boat... Once you've got the fever it's hard to quit. I'm still waiting on some parts for mine so I can get it back into the water.

Roger, How's the run up sheep river? I was wanting to go up that way one day this summer with the family.

BR

Comment

Here is Calndux boat , Looks good !!!

Airboaters owe each other nothing we are a breed of our own and misunderstood by others........
                            Attached Files

Comment

BR

Lots of water flowing in it now...Really hair raising earlier in the season, We turned around and went up into the canyon...Its alot more scary going around those rollers in an airboat than a jet boat.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X