Water skiing near Anchorage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water skiing near Anchorage

Hello, does anybody know where the nearest lake with a decent boat launch near anchorage is? I have a friend that wants to go water skiing a few times this summer. I consider this to be an "after work activity" as I rather enjoy getting out in the salt on my days off.

Thank You,
    Chris

Wasilla Lake?

I'm thinking that Wasilla Lake is what you're looking for. Not very close to Anchorage though. Sand Lake in Anchorage used to allow power boats, but it's private access. We used to go there years ago to test power catarafts.

-Mike
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

I have seen people water ski on Fire Lake. That lake is kind of small and has a lot of traffic though.

Dont forget Big Lake. Its just a couple minutes past Wasilla lake and that lake is HUGE!
      sigpic

Comment

Waterskiing

Fire Lake is too small and has a 50 hp restriction. Big Lake is wide open, you just have to find a place to get away from the traffic and wakes. Plus you can stop at the Call of the Wild for a burger and a beverage!

Comment

I heard the Call of the Wild is closed now. Aparently the owner figured out he could make more building condos there.

Comment

I have waterskied on Big lake at 1AM annd it was a blast. A little chilly, but fun!
            sigpic
            ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
            1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
            MMSI# 338131469
            Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

Finger Lake is nice. It's about forty minutes from Muldoon. Evenings are usually flat calm and little traffic on the lake. Shallow water can be a problem in certain areas. Make sure you cruise the lake and investigate before going all out.
              (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((
              Rich Adventures
              PWS is my office. Can't get better than that.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X