Connecting GPS to Fuel Mgt System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting GPS to Fuel Mgt System

I'm having trouble getting my Simrad CE33 to talk to my Yamaha Fuel Management System so that I can get the MPG function to work. I have connected the NMEA out line to the FMS, I think I have the DIPs set correctly, and I have tried to ground the two units to the exact same screw on the dash. I have also fiddled with the NMEA message formats, all to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions? The guys at Dewey's have tried to help with suggestions, but I still have no success. I guess I don't really need it to work, but it's still a burr under my saddle.

Thanks,

Mort

try The Hull Truth

Might want to try this link: http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=8
    this forum is very well attended and usually you will find someone that can help.

If you have trouble doing it yourself, having to sign up and become a member, let me know and I will post your message there for you and you can view the responses.

Good luck, Steelguy

Comment

Posted there too

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a thread there asking for help. Hopefully between the two forums, someone will have the magic bullet!

Mort

Comment

Mort,
        I had similiar problem getting mine to work interfaced with a Garmin GPS. I found out I had to power up my GPS before starting motor. Just an idea.

Comment

Thanks

I'll keep that suggestion in mind!

Mort

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X