Battery Back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Back up

What is the best / cost effective way for a battery back up system?

Carry a fully charged battery with you. If it is not connected it can not be drained. Top off the charging once or twice a summer.

Comment

I use a blue sea acr setup, it's a single switch the in pos 1 has two independant batterie supplies, but the acr allows the engine to charge both, and in position two the batteries are combined so that you can start your engine off the house battery.

It seemed like the simplest bestest way to go.

The acr is under the battery switch, and is protected by fuses.
      Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

http://www.bepmarine.com/Clusters-180.html

I installed one of these a couple years ago and so far it has worked flawlessly. Seems to have eliminated problems I was experiencing previously.

Comment

Battery backup

I have a small boat so I went to Wal Mart and bought one of those battery booster boxes. It's great for jump starting. It costs less than an extra battery, it weighs less than a second battery, it doesn't take up much space and when I get back to the dock and find my truck battery is dead I just jump it.

Comment

Originally posted by giten-a-life View Post
            I have a small boat so I went to Wal Mart and bought one of those battery booster boxes. It's great for jump starting. It costs less than an extra battery, it weighs less than a second battery, it doesn't take up much space and when I get back to the dock and find my truck battery is dead I just jump it.
            What he said.

Comment

Battery back up

If you buy a jump start box make sure that it has a on/off switch because it will eliminate the chance of a spark when you are hooking it up. I have had mine for 4 years and I make sure that it is fully charged before each trip.

Later Moose

Comment

Originally posted by Moose381 View Post
                If you buy a jump start box make sure that it has a on/off switch because it will eliminate the chance of a spark when you are hooking it up. I have had mine for 4 years and I make sure that it is fully charged before each trip.

Later Moose
                Where is the best place to buy one. Chris
                Is it opening day of duck season yet
                Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Costco carries them sometimes. That is where I bought mine. It has a compressor, light and a small inverter built into it, too. It was about $80 if I recall.
                  sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Where to buy

I got mine at NAPA or Schucks auto parts.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X