Aluminum Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Cleaner

Here I go again, anyone know whom will do boat detail? Clean aluminum.
    Louie

I do it myself with a product for polishing aluminum. The one I use is called "Mothers- Mag & Aluminum Polish". Works pretty good on a river boat. Hope that helps.

Comment

I bought aluminum for the lack of polishing and maintenance. Let it oxidize. The oxidation provides a protective layer. Am I missing something here?
      sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Probably not Spoiled One, However after time it will start to turn to a blackess color and some of us like to bring back the shine. Its kinda like the Mag wheels on your truck. All I was doing was give you a heads up on a product that works for me. It also works for your truck or car, ( kinda like armor all) I try to polish mine each spring, ( Just trying to keep up with the jones) , but it does make a big differance of how the boat looks afterward. Good luck.

Comment

I figured as much, Rock skipper. After all that elbow grease, one should protect their efforts with something like shark hide or nyalic. I have considered the latter. Check it out here
          sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Hey thanks for the link, spoiled one. I have a school bus that needs some att. to . Thanks again Rock.

Comment

NAPA Auto

Can you believe it - NAPA Auto used to have a real good product for cleaning aluminum - It was a spray on - wash off type product that did a very good job.
              I can't remember the name - buy maybe give them a call.
              How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Comment

Alumanex Cleaner

The cleaner thats good for aluminum hulls is Alumanex - and its available
                from NAPA Auto in Spenard.

Good Luck and Happy Cleaning
                How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Comment

ZEP Alum

Spray it on, let it sit for 90 seconds and hose off.. Just that simple... No BS I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. $40 gallon at Valley Diesel and Marine. I have done my 18 foot jet boat for the last three years and still have a 1/4 gallon left.

Mix 1 cup per gallon of water in pump up sprayer and get r done.... You will not be dissapointed.. Vinyl letter and plastic safe.... hard as hell on copper...

Tom

Comment

Soft scrub and Rag

Soft Scrub and a clean rag will get your boat shining like a diamond in a goats.... uhh , let's just say it will get it clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Cresent Hills View Post
                      Spray it on, let it sit for 90 seconds and hose off.. Just that simple... No BS I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. $40 gallon at Valley Diesel and Marine. I have done my 18 foot jet boat for the last three years and still have a 1/4 gallon left.

Mix 1 cup per gallon of water in pump up sprayer and get r done.... You will not be dissapointed.. Vinyl letter and plastic safe.... hard as hell on copper...

Tom
                      +1 for the Zep-Alume. That's what I use. It doesn't get it shiny, but a uniform dull silver.

Definitely takes off the black and oxidization.

Comment

albright

I've had aluminum deck/engine cover/fish box hatches made out of aluminum and covered in rhino lining and now I'm stripping it all off. I was told that albright would clean it up pretty good.
                        Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
                        www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

Sharkhide

Sharkhide is great, just spray it on with a misting bottle and hose it off. Once you're done use the Sharkhide protectant and she'll look like new aluminum for about 3 years. I treated my boat 2 seasons ago and she still looks great! here's a link although it can be purchased locally at Alaska Mining and Diving: http://www.sharkhide.com/
                          They have some videos on their page as well so you can see how (and how well) it works.

BB
                          <)))><
                          Live to fish, fish to live...

Comment

The sharkhide stuff is good, but spendy.

If you are not afraid of a little elbow grease, I use the 3M stuff.
                            sigpic
                            ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
                            1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
                            MMSI# 338131469
                            Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

Better to Oxidize?

Looks notwithstanding, is it an old wives tale, or is it really better to let the aluminum oxidize to form a protective layer? Thanks.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X