Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tjm, Where is the drain located

tjm

Which side of the engine compartment is the drain hole located?

Comment

it is under the motor...you might be able to see it when you look up through the grate, not sure....I drilled mine when my motor was pulled....I'll check when I get home if I can see it...
      ------------------------------------------------
      pull my finger....

Comment

Thanks

I'll get my kid to stand on the grate after work and see if I can see it.

Comment

All very good info.

Glad to hear this is not something "built in" to the engine. I'm sure I can remedy this problem now.

akmike30: Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hope you got something out of this discussion.

Here's to a new season of boating! Cheers!

Comment

yep if i over heat I have some more tools in the bang.. Carry on....today was warmist weather yet...

Originally posted by scadden View Post
            All very good info.

Glad to hear this is not something "built in" to the engine. I'm sure I can remedy this problem now.

akmike30: Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hope you got something out of this discussion.

Here's to a new season of boating! Cheers!
            Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

overheating a sportjet at idle is usually caused by sand in some cooling passages, one common culprit is the poppet valve, it is designed to dump extra cooling water at high rpm to keep the cooling water pressure from getting to high, as the water pressure drops at idle, this valve closes, if the diaphragm fills with silt it will not close, thereby dumping some of the cooling water at idle and not leaving enough to cool the motor, increased rpms delivers more water and your temps go down. it looks like a round plate about the size of a pop can, held on the motor by two bolts, low on the port side. sand built up beneath the motor like tjm said can couse issues also, there is also another fitting on the stbd. side of the motor, it looks like a big brass hose barb, if you remove this fitting you can inspect it to see if a small piece of gravel has got stuck in it. good luck

Comment

overheating

hate to aid in highjacking a thread but scadden did you say had the problems late in season? don't know if you might have same problem i did in Oct. found my lines running to front of boat (heater) were freezing up and causing boat to overheat when at idle.

Comment

Interesting. However, my circumstances were still well above freezing. No chance of ice. Maybe something else blocking my lines resulting in the same effect?

Thanks for the $.02

Comment

you're welcome

could be your lines (especially with a heater, regardless if on or off), wish i was smart enough to tell you so... but only guessing. Don't know if this will help but is it pissing when at idle (or should it be pissing at idle even)? I don't remember if mine does or not...

I do know with my heater in; the pressure isn't enough below 3k rpm's to generate heat at the heater, so may not be enough to have running water cooling the engine if given a partially blocked line.

b

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X