Message from the Whittier Harbor Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from the Whittier Harbor Master

I was looking at the Whittier web page and found the following document dated March 11, 2009. Interesting reading. It looks like there may be some significant improvements yet to come.

http://www.whittieralaska.gov/docs/h...g_03_11_09.pdf

Glad to see the Harbor Master is in for the long hall.

I am very excited to be a part of this project. I believe that I will be here to enjoy the fruits of this particular labor.

Hes been doing a fine job and hope he stays the course.
    Thanks for the link!
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by breausaw View Post
      Glad to see the Harbor Master is in for the long hall.

I am very excited to be a part of this project. I believe that I will be here to enjoy the fruits of this particular labor.

Hes been doing a fine job and hope he stays the course.
      Thanks for the link!
      I agree, however, I would like to hear a little more on the subject of losing the west ramp though.

Denny
      sigpicWhat-a-Day
      27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
      Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
      Denny

Comment

Originally posted by dtol View Post
        I agree, however, I would like to hear a little more on the subject of losing the west ramp though.

Denny
        Yep. Me too.

Comment

Message sent

Looks like a good job for the stimulus money!!

I just e-mailed the harbormaster. I thanked him for his efforts and communication. I also asked him to log on here and tell us about the west ramp. That would really sting to lose the ramp.
          Live life and love it
          Love life and live it

Comment

West Ramp Closure

The West launch will one day be gone but it is in the future and will not effect this years boating season. You can email the harbor they are glad to answer questions you might have. harbor2@whittieralaska.com

Comment

Originally posted by tjb View Post
              The West launch will one day be gone but it is in the future and will not effect this years boating season. You can email the harbor they are glad to answer questions you might have. harbor2@whittieralaska.com
              wrong email correct is harbor2@whittieralaska.gov

Comment

Eds reply

The harbormaster replied to my message......

I just read you letter concerning the plans for the head of the bay. I
                say bravo
                and wish to thank you for your efforts. The letter was brought to my
                attention on
                the Alaska Outdoors forum, under power boating. I have seen your replies
                there
                before and think it is great that you make an effort to connect with the
                sporting
                community.
                There are some of us on the forum wondering about the plans for the west
                ramp.
                Could you log on and let us know what is up, please? Is it really going
                away?

Thank you
                Kevin D@#%
                "bullbuster"

Hi Kevin,

I run all our info for the Forum through one of our staffers but feel
                free to post this if you want. The West Ramp, with its associated low
                tide problems, will continue to be available until we move on to the
                float replacement portion of our plans. I don't expect that we will be
                able to accomplish that for at least another year. I am very interested
                in seeing how the three lane operation works on the East Ramp this
                summer.

I'm very happy to get out as much information as we can in the form of
                newsletters and websites. The better we can inform our customers before
                they get here the better their boating experience will be.

Ed Barrett
                Harbormaster
                He is a very responsive person and I, for one, am glad he is the man in the slot.
                Live life and love it
                Love life and live it

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X