Diesel price gouging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel price gouging

Not sure what the price of Diesel will be at the dock this year but sure itíll be outrageous unless we voice our disgust of this scandal. Back from a resent trip to Seattle I was appalled to see Diesel selling for :mad: $2.10 per/gal at the pump. My boats not diesel but my tow vehicle is and it all comes into play. Write your State Senators and House Representative as I have and while your at it send a litter to your daily rag; there is a bill making its way through the Senate making price gouging a crime.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

sigpic

The Governor's office looked into why the price of fuel was so high up here, higher than Hawaii, a few months back. The answer from the refinery up here was "Because we can". Case closed. Bottom line - no competition.

Comment

Bottom line, that price gouging!
      Jay
      07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
      OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by breausaw View Post
        Bottom line, that price gouging!
        Problem is it isn't illegal.....
        ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' sigpic Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Comment

Seems like a huge difference in price. I wonder if we can ship the diesel from Seattle and sell it for a profit in Anchorage. I mean with simple math, if shipping was 10% of the cost and there are no additional taxes levied by the state or city, there would still be a huge margin ( in terms of bulk products like fuel). I would surmise that if you brought it up in 55 gallon drums or other bulk form, selling it would not be a problem here. Diesel in Seattle is $1.85 per gallon. (http://www.seattlegasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D)

Get it here in Anchorage for $2.00 per gallon and sell it wholesale for $2.50. Sell about 1 million gallons per year and you have a nice business...hmmm...

Comment

Might want to reconsider...

Diesel is $2.99/gallon here today in Eagle River (at the Shell Station). That might help take out the sting...

I was talking to the station owner at lunch time. He said that some time in the next two or three weeks there is going to be a "fifty cent off sale" on diesel. One of the local churches is going to be the sponsor and the station owner guaranteed that his tanks would be FULL prior to the sale. Like all of you I am highly interested in cheaper diesel. I'm just suspect any time that somebody implies that we're being gouged. If this were so it would just make it easy for someone else to exploit that weakness and to sell cheap fuel for profit.

Comment

does #1 usually cost a little more? Do they run #1 in Seattle? I've been paying $2.92 for #1 all winter......still too darn high if you ask me...lol
              ------------------------------------------------
              pull my finger....

Comment

My brother paid $1.95 in Bozeman this week. Unleaded was $1.89. There is over a $1.00 difference in between diesel and unleaded up here. I don't get it.:confused: At least we could get a little smoochey smoochey before we get screwed.:mad:
                sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Learned from Uncle Sam

My take is the oil companys took a good look at taxes.
                  When the gov raises taxes it does it in a way the individual does not have it staring him in the face when he pays it. sales tx fuel tx income tx ect. all gets paid without the individual writing the gov a check
                  The oil companys took note and raised fuel prices untill everyone was up set, gas being higher then diesel, then they made everyone happy by lowering the price at the pump but now diesel is higher then gas.
                  Everyone pays the higher diesel price in the goods they buy that were transported by ship, train, truck, plane, but most are happy the price of gas is cheaper then diesel.:confused:

Comment

high diesel

That's fine to contact your elected officials, but they in fact caused your problem. The difference in refining hepd into ULSD is a bunch. Not every refinery can do it yet. You (our) legislators are the folks who lowered the PPM to the rediculus level of 15!
                    Mike

Comment

I thought that the increase in diesel cost was to refine it ULSD...yeah, less sulphur but less MPG, so we use more fuel..is there really any decrease in pollution by using ULSD instead of LSD?...you can't get something for nothing...:rolleyes:
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      pull my finger....

Comment

Some miner freinds of mine are getting off road diesel for $2.05 per gallon.... delivered. Not close to a town either. We are getting screwed.
                        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                        Bill Hicks

Comment

Off road diesel

Does anybody really know if there is a difference between "off road " and station diesel? Dirtofak is right. A friend of mine is having it delivered to his shop for construction equipment for less than $2 per gallon. He said I could fill my boat tanks for his cost. At 180 gallons for a fillup, I am seriously considering it as long as it does not foul up my KAD43. Anybody in the know???????????????
                          http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...gpic3804_1.gif

Comment

Heating Oil

My guess it is heating oil that they are getting.

Comment

get over it

It's human nature to be "group mad" at someone or something beyond your control. This diesel thing is exactly that. Were all incensed over this and yet as I mentioned earlier the people you voted for are who's to blame NOT AN OIL COMPANY! You did vote didn't you? Shame on you if you didn't.

Here we are living in Alaska, obviously oblivious to how good weve got it, maybe suffering a little cabin fever, whining about something trivial! Look at the brite side, it's a LOT less than last year.

Go out and burn some and when you get back from your trip, if the only thing you can remember is how much fuel cost, your in it for the wrong reasons. Your grandkids could care less what the fuel cost!

P.S, next time you fill up, spill some on the ground, my bonus will be grateful!
                              Mike

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X