WTB- Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB- Boat

I am looking for a used but good condition relatively new 19-20 foot boat with a 50 hp 4-stroke and trailer I can use in the middle / lower Kenai and also off the lower peninsula beaches / Valdez/ Kachemak. I leaning toward an open boat with center console rather than a windshield or tiller. I have thought about fishrite, north river, willie, alumacraft, alumaweld and koffler and all have pros and cons. I don't think it makes much difference if it has a 6 degree, 10 degree or even 12 degree bottom. If you have a boat or know someone who does drop me an email (fisheye1@acsalaska.net) or pm. Phil

No one? Someone must have alead for me.

Comment

No leads...

but you didn't mention having looked into Bayrunner/Klamath. I think there's a guy on here who's got one; a 20' with an Etec 50 and really loves it; gets up and scoots with fuel economy too. Plus, for safety's sake in the salt (Homer & Deep Creek), they have a high bow. In the old days, I heard lots of charter guys cut their teeth on these boats off Deep Creek, that's saying something for the boat. I keep see-sawing on boats all the time (cause daydreaming is cheap!) but would love to have that exact setup if I was going to do both fishing the river (limited to 50 hp) and near shore salt fishing; I'd go for the runabout version myself but they have a center console too.
      Jim
      Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Comment

I have to second the Klamath. I popped my cherry on a 18' Klamath with a 70 horse 'rude. She flat out hauled donkey! Very sea worthy for its size. A 50 horse would work great, too, and be Kenai legal.
        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

all right, I'll add those to my list.

Comment

Hey Pete,

was yours center console or runabout type? Someone told me last year that the Klamath/Bayrunners had a bad habit of "digging" (bow) in a following sea and almost throwing them out of the boat at speed??? Sounded a little scary. Sounds like too much weight in front. Any speed numbers from your old boat? Bet it got close to 50. The other guy on here with that combo/Etec said he rarely opens his boat up to WOT.
            Jim
            Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
              was yours center console or runabout type? Someone told me last year that the Klamath/Bayrunners had a bad habit of "digging" (bow) in a following sea and almost throwing them out of the boat at speed??? Sounded a little scary. Sounds like too much weight in front. Any speed numbers from your old boat? Bet it got close to 50. The other guy on here with that combo/Etec said he rarely opens his boat up to WOT.
              Jim
              Jim,

Mine was a late 80's model center console. I never experienced the bow digging in like that. I suppose if it was loaded heavy and there were a couple of people up front it could happen. I never had a gps speed, but I suspect that it would hit in the low 40's WOT, perhaps more. It was my understanding that the evinrude/johnson 70 hp was the weakest of the bunch. I am not sure if there is any merit to that or not.
              sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X