HP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP question

My father in law and I are thinking of buying this skiff. It is 16.5 feet long and 6.5 ft beam. It has a 90 HP 4 stroke on it right now. Does this sound like overkill on the HP for such a small skiff?

The answer really depends on how heavily built the skiff is. Better to be overpowered than underpowered, just run it a little lower. If it's a heavy glass or aluminum skiff (as opposed to riveted) it's probably just fine.

Comment

Its a heavy high sided aluminum set net skiff. So do you think running the kicker at lower speed will prolong its life.

Comment

That sounds like a great motor for your skiff, I doubt you will be able to load it up with enough weight that it will ever run out of power.
        http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

My boat

That's my boat for sale on craigslist. It is a nice combonation although maybe a bit overpowered. The skiff is really thick heavy aluminum and can handle the power without any problem. I can run it at 5500 rpm and 30 some mph all day, but idle back and troll for kings with the cannonballs down with that BF90. No need for the kicker unless the 90 breaks down, which thankfully has never happened. I appreciate the concern, but not to worry.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X