Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflatable boats

Iam new to this forum so hello!
    Iam looking to buy an alaska series inflatable boat and iam asking for opinions because I have not seen them in person and i dont know anyone who has one. Please help i need input.

I have a tender on order that I will get in april. They were at the boat show here in Anchorage. They seem like a well built inflatable and those that I have talked to like them. They also have their 'armorclaw' on the bottom to protect them from rock punctures. I will know more by the end of summer, but they seem like a fine choice to me.

Jim
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Comment

Thanks Iam looking at the alaska ranger 520 for halibut at deep creek and dip netting at chitna and need to hear experiences with kings boats

Comment

Jim King is a stand up guy. I bought an Alaskan Jet Ranger from him a couple years ago. The boat was made incorrectly (transom in wrong place) I did not know it. He called me and told me of the problem and gave me the choice of fixing it or getting a new boat. The Armor claw bottom keeps it from getting cutting cut by sharp rocks in PWS. I would buy from him again without hesitation.

Steve
        "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Jim will be at the Anchors Aweigh boat show all week in the Denaíina Civic & Convention Center. Was there last night and stopped by, he has most of his boats on display and great show pricing; bought my tender from him last year.
          Jay
          07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
          OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the good news!

I have a tender on order too, from AK Series/Jim King. so far I have gone on pictures and statement online, but I did talk to Jim and agree he seems a straight shooter; also talked to his dealer in Seattle. Now I feel even better!

Thanks for the great picture, Steve, you can see the "grizzly claw" bottom on it. I plan to use mine in PWS too.

Jay, do you row your tender, or do you use a motor? I am thinking of getting a honda 2hp for mine, it will be a 270 model.

Thanks everyone ~~~~ Ron

Comment

Thanks for the input. I hope someone who ownes an alaska ranger series boat will tell me what he thinks of them in comparison to others I dont know anyone in fairbanks who owns one i can look at.

Comment

Nice looking rig steve do you know anyone in fairbanks that has an alaska ranger sport boat they are alot different than the jet boats

Comment

I don't know of anyone local. Jim was at the Fairbanks boat show last year and had some boats on display. Should have a show soon.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
                    The boat was made incorrectly (transom in wrong place) I did not know it. He called me and told me of the problem and gave me the choice of fixing it or getting a new boat.

Steve
                    Could you provide the details on what was srong with the transom position. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
                      I have a tender on order too, from AK Series/Jim King. so far I have gone on pictures and statement online, but I did talk to Jim and agree he seems a straight shooter; also talked to his dealer in Seattle. Now I feel even better!

Thanks for the great picture, Steve, you can see the "grizzly claw" bottom on it. I plan to use mine in PWS too.

Jay, do you row your tender, or do you use a motor? I am thinking of getting a honda 2hp for mine, it will be a 270 model.

Thanks everyone ~~~~ Ron
                      Both, I picked up the Honda 2hp mid season last year. At 27lbs itís easy to put on and take off and has worked out great. We have the 240 model, fits our boat and at 45lbs is easy to single hand on and off the roof. If we're just headed into shore the tender rows great, but if we want to explore around the motors a nice option.
                      The 2hp Honda is plenty of power, fact is I donít think more hp will get you any more speed do to the characteristics of the boat.
                      Jay
                      07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
                      OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alaskapete View Post
                        Nice looking rig steve do you know anyone in fairbanks that has an alaska ranger sport boat they are alot different than the jet boats
                        Taken from Alaska series web site:

Fairbanks Outdoors Show (Carlson Center) -April 17th Through April 19th 2009
                        Jay
                        07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
                        OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

BREAUSAW Thanks for the reply on the fairbanks show the problem is if i wait till then it will be too late to get a boat built by this summer.

Comment

HP?

Stid: What hp is that motor? 30 4-stroke? How's it push the boat? thanks. j

Comment

25hp 2 stroke. Top speed 18 to 20 mph. Payload right at 750lbs.

Steve

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X