Kashwitna or susitna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashwitna or susitna

I have a 18' alumaweld stryker with a prop outboard.
    I want to try hitting some of the rivers north of willow area and would like any advice on a good river to start with.

Looking to get my daughter on her first bear this year.
    Any advice would be great. I do have a 4x4 atv but figure the boat would be they way to go!

Thanks in advance
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Big Su is worth investigating...

Try putting in at the Deshka Landing and run down towards the mouth of the Yetna and do a little exploring late in the evenings while the hooligan are running. Often the blackies will come out late and do a little fishing themselves!
    What size motor are you pushing that Stryker with?
    I've got the same boat w/a 115/80 jet on it.
    BK
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

sounds good

I only have the 50 on it for running it in the kenai.
      I just baught the boat this last summer.

I really want to get a 90hp for when Im out in the ocean.

Comment

The Kashwitna upriver from the bridge.......

gets pretty skinny. I wouldn't take your boat up there unless you are literally planning on "hitting" the river.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the advice!

As soon as spring rolls around I will venture up north and hike a few places first!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X