How much is this motor worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is this motor worth?

Does anyone have any idea what a 1977 Johnson 9.9hp outboard would be worth? It runs great and was stored indoors. Is $650 too much?

Thanks!

I'm thinking that's a bit steep. I have a line on a similar vintage OMC 70 horse for $500.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

Too Much

I would say so. It doesn't seem like it costs much than 1000 to buy a new one, so about 400-600 more you could ditch the trouble of an old outboard, and have the reliability of finding parts and service for at least 15 years. That's my take. I picked up a 30 hp nissan for 300 and it was an 86. So, I would say not worth it. But wait, and offer him 300 for it later and he'll take it.
      Chris

Comment

Actually new 9.9's are running more like $2000

That said, an older 9.9 would be IMHO $250 for average condition, and $300 for pristine.
        Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

Yeah, that's too much. I, too, would expect to pay about 250-350 for it.
          "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X