Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension base

Anyone ever heard/seen/bought these? I've been looking for a suspension seat for our 20' inboard jet. Seems like there aren't many options.

Pedestals – Watershed Outdoors

Haven't seen that one. I have a Shockwave and a Bostrom in my 24' LCM. The Shockwave is far superior. The Bay Company in Ketchikan is a stocking dealer. The Bostrom is a torsion bar setup and belongs in an old farm tractor.

Comment

check out www.surpluscenter.com
      sigpic
      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
      Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
      alaskashrimppots.com
      akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
      907 775 1692

Comment

I haven't seen the Watershed Outdoors before, but their products look great for the listed prices (swivels look pricey). Hard to beat simple and up to 14 inches of travel is a lot!

Or you could go the old tractor seat base route to try and save a couple bucks. I'm assembling a base using a tractor seat suspension from Amazon that runs $250 with Prime. They only handle probably 275 lbs including the seat, and I'm a shade heavier not including the seat. I'd recently ordered and just last night swapped out the existing shock with a 210 mm long bicycle rear air shock for $110 with Prime. I also grabbed a cheap 8.3-inch long motorcycle spring/shock that should fit the second seat base, but I haven't tried it out. I'll also add a hose extender (small brass one currently installed). Once I do, I was planning to throw up a build post at some point.

Anyways, the air shock and original tension springs work together and are additive (combine the springs for additional stiffness). I tested the air shock out at 150 psi and no spring tension worked better than the original springs fully tensioned. Tensioning the springs up to about 50% was too stiff and only 1-2 inches of movement if I jumped on the base (~300 lbs dropping a few inches). The nice thing is you can set the air pressure and use the main spring for fine adjustment. The disadvantage is it's a tractor base that will probably rust, but at $360 or so it's not crazy expensive and didn't take much effort. It probably has more adjustment than the Watershed type depending on their spring/shocks, but limited travel probably about 4 inches maxed out.
        New shock installed:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Air shock installed.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	2777479

The old shock:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Shock.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	2777478

Comment

Smooth Moves
          Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X