Yanmar Inboard Diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanmar Inboard Diesels

Anyone have experience with Yanmar 6LYA-STE diesels? I'm looking at a Lindell with twins in it and have not run this type of engine before. Thoughts, experiences? Good bad or indifferent.....

You should check boatdiesel.com for posts on those engines, there's over 1000 topics on the Yanmar LY forum when I just checked. I have a Yanmar 6LPA-STP in mine and have put over 2100 hours on it now with no problems, though it does take some maintenance, which I do myself and the boatdiesel subscription ($25/yr) has more than paid for itself. And a Lindell would be a sweet boat with Yanmars IMO, way better choice than the ones with Volvos I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Witch View Post
      You should check boatdiesel.com for posts on those engines, there's over 1000 topics on the Yanmar LY forum when I just checked. I have a Yanmar 6LPA-STP in mine and have put over 2100 hours on it now with no problems, though it does take some maintenance, which I do myself and the boatdiesel subscription ($25/yr) has more than paid for itself. And a Lindell would be a sweet boat with Yanmars IMO, way better choice than the ones with Volvos I've seen.
      www.Boatdiesel.com, thanks I'll check it out Fish Witch.

Comment

We have a Yanmar 440 HP 6LPY-STP @ 1000 hours in our 28' landing craft. Engine is sweet, however it did not start out that way as a factory setting on the throttle control was not correct, took a lot of time to finally determine what was the problem. So far happy with the engine choice. Fish Witch is spot on with boatdiesel.com subscription.
        Last edited by SeaULater; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaULater View Post
          We have a Yanmar 440 HP 6LPA-STP @ 1000 hours in our 28' landing craft. Engine is sweet, however it did not start out that way as a factory setting on the throttle control was not correct, took a lot of time to finally determine what was the problem. So far happy with the engine choice. Fish Witch is spot on with boatdiesel.com subscription.
          The highest rating for the 6LP series is 315 hp, you must have hit the wrong key, maybe a 6LY series engine for 440 hp?

Comment

Yep correct LPY

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X