Kingfisher 2525 Transducer Options or Boats with outboard Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfisher 2525 Transducer Options or Boats with outboard Bracket

I'm just curious what other Kingfisher owners do or other boats with the offshore transom outboard bracket for adding additional transducers. I currently have Raymarine P319 transducer (thru hull) but I wanted to get Chirp so I added the new Axiom MFD. The Kingfisher transom has mounting surface around 2" tall which isn't tall enough for the large transducer transom bracket RV-100. I'm going to get the local Raymarine dealer to modify the bracket for me so it can fit correctly. I'm adding a second display to run both the RV-100 and p319 at the same time.

What are other owners doing in regards to transducers - adding additional thru hull or just modifying the transducer bracket? Also are they running the transducer cable thru the rear of the transom (drill hole in transom) or running it up along the outboard bracket into the outboard wiring thru the transom boot ( No drill option:I have a 20hp kicker so it could go into the wiring loom)?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Ryan
    Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

From the pictures it looked like you could bolt a larger piece of aluminum to the bracket using S.S. bolts.

Other things to consider, you do not want to run the transducer cables in the same side of the boat as the power cables. Make sure you can run both units at the same time with out causing interference between the two systems before installing the monitors, in cast there problems.

Comment

I have a PS30 (Panoptix) and GT-51 on my Kingfisher, we welded a larger bracket on and ran the cable(s) through the transom. Covered the cables/hole with a midget vent and silicone.
      Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
        I have a PS30 (Panoptix) and GT-51 on my Kingfisher, we welded a larger bracket on and ran the cable(s) through the transom. Covered the cables/hole with a midget vent and silicone.
        Much better seal than silicone + lasts longer:https://www.ancorproducts.com/en/pro...ent/wire-seals
        2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
        Twin 175 Suzuki's
        "Thunderbird"
        MMSI #338033856

Comment

You can also get a piece of LDPE (plastic) an inch or so bigger than the aluminum tab you have, silicone & thru bolt it to the tab then screw your new xducer to the plastic pad. If you use 3/4" thick LDPE, you can screw into it rather than swiss cheesing your aluminum tab. Cableas has been selling these pads for quite awhile.
          2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
          Twin 175 Suzuki's
          "Thunderbird"
          MMSI #338033856

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
            AKGriz would you mind sharing a picture of the welded bracket? Thanks
            Ryan
            Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

Comment

Originally posted by rpdeines View Post

AKGriz would you mind sharing a picture of the welded bracket? Thanks
              I'll be glad to--boat is in Valdez, but I plan on going down this weekend and will take a pix.
              Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X