2003 SeaArk 2072 Yamaha 90/65 Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 SeaArk 2072 Yamaha 90/65 Steering

So my steering on this 2003 SeaArk boat is really sloppy and I want to replace it. I am not sure what they put on these boats from the factory but I would guess it's the cheapest mode available. I would guess 4.5 turns though I haven't checked that. Would any of you think me mortally stupid for replacing my system with the Seastar Solutions XTREME NFB 3.5 turns system? Any reason to NOT have steering that tight other than maybe making too fast of turns? Thanks for the advice.
    Mark

I'm curious about this as well, I have a 21 foot wooldridge with a 250 outboard jet and no power assist for steering. Feels great on step but man is it not much fun to steer off of step heh

Comment

Go hydraulic and don't look back.

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
        Go hydraulic and don't look back.
        akgriz, you responding to me or Seafish? If me, then what system would you recommend for my size boat? Is the turn ratio fast enough for a jet? No experience there...

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenator View Post

akgriz, you responding to me or Seafish? If me, then what system would you recommend for my size boat? Is the turn ratio fast enough for a jet? No experience there...
          See http://www.seastarsolutions.com/prod...star-outboard/ for an example. I've used mine (2870 Alweld, Honda 225 jet/prop) on numerous rivers, and can make any turns the river demands. Suicide knobs are great! I have no experience with the XTREME; personally, I have no need to shorten the lock-to-lock, I actually prefer the 5-turn as I feel I can fine-tune my steering/driving better that way--the hydraulic just makes it much easier.

Comment

Thanks for that info!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X