Truck Just For Launching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Just For Launching

Unfortunately someone ran a red light and plowed right into me totaling my truck. While insurance deals with their nonsense, what kind of options do I have to launch my boat? Just seems like a waste to rent a truck to let it sit for days. I was wondering if I could get the boat to Whittier or Seward and park it in a lot if there is any companies or any locals or any way to then drive a normal car down there and pay someone to launch my boat. Anyone have any good ideas? I don't wanna miss out on these weeks of summer

It sounds like the other person was at fault so their insurance should cover any rental costs. You shouldn't be inconvenienced any more than you already have been. I say get the rental for the full duration until you get your rig back.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoWill View Post
      It sounds like the other person was at fault so their insurance should cover any rental costs. You shouldn't be inconvenienced any more than you already have been. I say get the rental for the full duration until you get your rig back.
      Definitely. Your insurance should cover a rental which they will then charge back to the other party's ins. co.
      Talk to your guys and they will more than likely tell you to go ahead and rent a comparable vehicle to what you lost so you can still haul your boat.

Had a similar thing happen to me and that is how it worked out.

sigpic
      www.arcticangler.ca
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

I had a rental pickup a couple years ago. No way to tow with it. No place to put a ball on. They probably just don't want people towing with them.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Maybe a U-haul pickup?
          -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by WyoWill View Post
            Yeah except you can't tow with a rental. I'd break that rule but I've called all the major rental companies and none of their vehicles even have hitches. And insurance isn't gonna reimburse me $2,000 for a rental (trucks and SUVs are $200/day)

Comment

Originally posted by TR View Post
              Maybe a U-haul pickup?
              That could work. The uhaul in Seward says they don't have any trucks available until mid August tho

Comment

Originally posted by mersh13 View Post

That could work. The uhaul in Seward says they don't have any trucks available until mid August tho
                Check with the SBH in Seward to see what a transient slip would cost you. It's probably cheaper than a rental vehicle so maybe the other insurance carrier would pay for it.

2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                Twin 175 Suzuki's
                "Thunderbird"
                MMSI #338033856

Comment

Originally posted by akdeweyj View Post

Check with the SBH in Seward to see what a transient slip would cost you. It's probably cheaper than a rental vehicle so maybe the other insurance carrier would pay for it.
                  They say they've been full every day. It'd kinda suck to come back from a day of fishing and have no spot to tie up to and no way to haul the boat. Maybe I'll just have to come back early every day

Comment

Yeah except you can't tow with a rental. I'd break that rule but I've called all the major rental companies and none of their vehicles even have hitches.
                    Maybe that's an Anchorage thing. I just went past a Fairbanks rental place today and they had a whole fleet of heavy GM pickups with 2" receivers on them.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                      Maybe that's an Anchorage thing. I just went past a Fairbanks rental place today and they had a whole fleet of heavy GM pickups with 2" receivers on them.
                      What rental agency?

Comment

What rental agency?
                        Delta Leasing or Airport Eqpmt Rentals might have something.

2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                        Twin 175 Suzuki's
                        "Thunderbird"
                        MMSI #338033856

Comment

What rental agency?
                          Alaska 4x4 Rentals, across the street from the airport Post Office. Their website says they're in Anchorage too.
                          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

They say they've been full every day. It'd kinda suck to come back from a day of fishing and have no spot to tie up to and no way to haul the boat. Maybe I'll just have to come back early every day
                            It used to only be full during the derby & if you weren't back before 6pm you couldn't find a slip. Try Millers Landing to see what they have for launch service. I thought they used to have a tractor launch.The only bad part is that its fairly shallow out there if you have a larger boat.
                            2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                            Twin 175 Suzuki's
                            "Thunderbird"
                            MMSI #338033856

Comment

I think delta leasing rents 1/2, 3/4, 1 Ton trucks with hitch receivers. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X