Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruising Guide to Prince William Sound

Hi folks,

As I was researching for our new Whittier Saltwater Fishing page for the main site, I ran into some information of interest concerning Jim and Nancy Lethcoe's, "Cruising Guide to Prince William Sound". It appears that the entire publishing company, Prince William Sound Books, is being sold at this time. I believe the Cruising Guide, Kayaking and Camping in Prince William Sound, and Alaska Backcountry Skiing were three of their most popular titles. It's too early to tell, but I would assume these will be available again. Hang in there; I think it's coming!

Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

I need one!!<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

That would be awesome.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I tend to collect books. While reading your other PWS post, I clicked on the PWS book...$900. I hope the books will be avail. in the future at a "little" better price.

Thanks for the information! Great new page.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonardC View Post
          I tend to collect books. While reading your other PWS post, I clicked on the PWS book...$900. I hope the books will be avail. in the future at a "little" better price.

Thanks for the information! Great new page.
          Yep. I posted the only link I could find.

Michael Strahan
          Site Owner
          Alaska Hunt Consultant
          1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

The whole pkg of books has been for sale for quite a while. Did someone buy it and has plans to start printing the cruising guide again?<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            BK Marine Services 232-6399
            Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
            Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
            Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
              The whole pkg of books has been for sale for quite a while. Did someone buy it and has plans to start printing the cruising guide again?<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It's my understanding that the publishing house is for sale, not just the books. If that's the case then the new owner would make any publication decisions. We carried several of their titles in our store here on the site for many years, and we picked up our inventory from a storage unit in Anchorage. I kept watching the pile of Cruising Guides dwindle and with no new inventory coming in, it was just a matter of time. Jim Lethcoe passed away in 2007, and people's lives change. It's probably a safe bet that the Cruising Guide will be back, along with at least a couple of the other titles.

Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Sure hope so Mike. No one wins if its not out there for the users to buy and use.<br/>Very small market but also invaluable book.<br/>Hope its fast tracked to the press soon.<br/>Bk<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                BK Marine Services 232-6399
                Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but Title Wave in Anchorage occasionally has had copies. I actually emailed the contact shown on the website last year sometime to see what they were asking for the business, never got a response. Would be nice to have back in print, even better if updated a bit.

Comment

Its back in print. Title Wave probably has them but here is the direct link. https://princewilliamsoundbooks.square.site/#lfVWhd
                    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Yes they are available and the information is in another post; probably Alaska Boating. I purchased mine online and had it within a week.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

They are in the Lazy otter coffee shop in Whittier. 70 dollars I think.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X