Free "Oversize Permits"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free "Oversize Permits"

Not sure what is going on but went to get my oversize permit today and the cost for all the permits is "$0", needless to say I got a one year permit just on the chance they were really free. Not sure if this is due to the virus and all that or just a mistake but the worst that will happen is they will come back and want $$ for my permit. Thought I would let everyone know in case they want to try to do the same. I have been looking at the State of AK website for a reason for the free permits but have not found one yet.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks, John! Hopefully the price doesn't change!

Comment

I tried calling them this morning but nobody answered the phone. I emailed them with my info and prior year permit number to get a 6 month permit. It was free as well. "Per Governor all permits are exempt from payment until 5/11" I wish Id have got a year long as well. I was pissed when nobody answered the phone but 15 minutes after emailing and getting a reply I was happy as a clam. I miss clams....

Comment

Yup, you’re correct. Permits are free until the first of May I believe. Got my single trip and spoke to them and it is indeed free. I didn’t think to get an annual, only got a one way. I’ll have to look at the annual!
        <)))><
        Live to fish, fish to live...

Comment

I had already bought a 9 month permit back in Feb. Sent an email to DOT to see if I could get a full or partial refund. Waiting for a decision now. Email said they would get back with me end of last week but that didn't happen.
          "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
          MMSI#

Comment

Heard back from DOT today.

Good morning,

Management has asked for justification in writing for this request to be considered. The Governor did suspended fees associated with issuing permits (17 AAC 25.380) effective April 1, 2020 however retroactive permit fees were not suspended. Please provide additional information for your request to be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            MMSI#

Comment

Wow! Alaska DOT refunded my permit fee. Thanks DOT.

MMSI#

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't gotten mine yet.

Comment

Many thanks for posting!

Comment

They are still issuing free oversize permits. Just got mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X