X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Is sea foam alcohol based?
    Ingredients are:
    CAS# 64742-54-7 hydrotreated heavy paraffinic petroleum distilates 40-60% by weight
    CAS# 64742-49-0 hydrotreated light naptha 25-35% by weight
    CAS# 67-63-0 Isopropyl alcohol 10-20% by weight
    (Exact ratios withheld as a trade secret)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Yep, saw that in my googling. I use yamaha ring free in my boat fuel almost every fill up. I run kerosene in my espar heater 80% of the time. I run seafoam in my hemi and power service in my gen 1 cummins. Sometimes I run half a tank of biodiesel in the cummins. I always fill my boat fuel tank after use. I always use marine stabil in all of my small engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At 75$ a gallon in town here, and 160 gallon fuel tank that's 1.25 gallons per fill up or about $95 per fill up. Ouch!

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
          At 75$ a gallon in town here, and 160 gallon fuel tank that's 1.25 gallons per fill up or about $95 per fill up. Ouch!
          You don't have to add it to a full tank. You can get the same results adding the proper ratio to 10 to 20 gallons of fuel. I have been doing that for years. I have three 135 gallon tanks. It would be silly and expensive to add it to topped off tanks.
          sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
            You don't have to add it to a full tank. You can get the same results adding the proper ratio to 10 to 20 gallons of fuel. I have been doing that for years. I have three 135 gallon tanks. It would be silly and expensive to add it to topped off tanks.

I said after every 2 or 3 fillups, but I've only filled my boat up once, so I'm doing what you do. I'll normally add 60 gallons when I go out, throw in a few of those cans and boom, I have no worries.

Was having problems with my lawnmower not starting correctly. I ran a mix of 60% Seafoam, 40% gas through it for a few minutes and she runs like a champ. If you google how to clean fuel injectors yourself, you will see guys using seaform directly to clean them out. Its the best stuff out there, period.
            In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Dewey’s certified yammi foreman told me not to run ring free direct from the fuel filter when I asked him. I have a slight surge in my 2014 3.3L F250 up to around 4100 rpms so I was going to try straight rung free or seafoam. He said don’t do it.

Comment

Both are made to mix, not run straight.
                Besides, motors will not run on either straight.
                Also run ring free in the boats the last couple years.
                Bk

BK Marine Services 232-6399
                Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

There is running an additive for maintance and doing a cleaning. The sea foam and others like that are mostly for maintance or keeping everything clean and carbon-less. They will help remove carbon and clean injectors. If you are having an issue then you need to do a cleaning. Coming from the automotive world, that requires running your enging seperate from your gas in the tank. How we did that was either a pressurized can with regulator or a pressurizable can with regulator. The latter is the cleaner we want to use on out boat engines because unlike our cars, the fuel pump isn't in the tank but on the motor itself. How I have done it on mine is disconect fuel hose at bulb, add a short hose to stick down into a qt bottle. I drain the fuel from my motor which is basically a large float tank. Fill my quart jug with a mixture of a good professional quality injector cleaner to gas, use the bulb to refill my motor, hook up the muffs and run the motor until empty which takes quite a while. I use the same procedure every fall when I winterize my motor and change my oil after its all warmed up. The only difference is I use a coctail that AMDS told me that they use in all of the motors they winterize. It is gas, fogging oil, 2-stroke oil and stabil mixture. Just another FYI.

Comment

The only fuel injector cleaner that I have had actually quiet down noisy injectors is BG44K. Available at Napa.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X