a good boat for alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good boat for alaska

I am interested in getting a boat I could use in the copper river and in PWS on decent weather days. Does any one have a recomendation on what would serve both purposes? Thanks.

20' inboard jet would be your best choice. Lots of choices depending on your budget.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Silver Streak Boats in Anchorage is an affordable custom builder check out their Pro V Deluxe with standard 36" sides. This is a pretty good boat with a center console or a front windshield with a canvas.

ATEC in Kenai makes their Steelhead model which is pretty good for those two areas, and don't underestimate one of their setnet boat models either.

A 115 or 150 hp Mercury four stroke or Yamaha four stroke would be awesome for any of these boats as skiffs of the 20-25' range.

Sobie2

Comment

I purchased a 17'9" Wooldridge Alasken with a 135 Evinrude motor last summer and loved the boat. It got on step quick and can go in some pretty skinny water and handled great. I mainly used it to fish on the Deshka and we had 3 people, dog, fish cooler and beverage cooler and camping gear in the boat. The boat got really tight when you cramed 5 people in it and it worked. I soon realized I needed a bigger boat. I sold the 17 Alaskan and Purchased a 20' Wooldridge Alaskan XL with sport jet with some extra options.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X