SportJet 200 Belt Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SportJet 200 Belt Replacement

I had the belt explode on my Phantom Sport Jon today. I was reading up on this problem and it seems to be common. Some said to buy a longer belt to relieve some pressure on the tensioner. Does anyone do this or know what size to replace the belt with?

Originally posted by AKCarl View Post
    I had the belt explode on my Phantom Sport Jon today. I was reading up on this problem and it seems to be common. Some said to buy a longer belt to relieve some pressure on the tensioner. Does anyone do this or know what size to replace the belt with?
    I've not heard about using a longer belt. That said, over the years, I've noticed that belt issues tend to follow to the same operators. Now before I get flamed, hear me out...

My research shows that 2.5L / 150-175 Opti ProXS props have zero belt issues. IMO, it's b/c rarely do prop jockeys chop the throttle. On the other hand, many SJ jockeys chop and pulse the throttle. While aggressively chopping and throttling, I studied the belt and tension'r. Given the right harmonics, I could spit brand new belts and tension'rs.

Comment

Yea that makes sense. I will trying to be more conservative with throttle control.

Comment

Is there an aftermarket belt that's cheaper than the mercury marine belt? If so dose anyone know the part number?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X