Beware!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware!!

Beware,, this may be a scam,, I know for sure that the photo is me and my boat. This is not my ad and my boat is not for sale. so whoever this is is at a minimum using my photo without my permission and may be trying to scam people.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4743020769.html
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Wow...maybe they know where your boat is? Wonder how they got that photo...

Comment

Saw it on Craigslist for about a week. Guess there just grabbing people's pics off Internet now & trying to sell stuff....crazy

Comment

Funny you just posted this. I saw the ad a couple days ago, recognized the photo, and was thinking about PM'ing you about it.... Crazy the things people will do. I wonder what they're up to.

Scott

Comment

Would you like us forum members to flag it for you? If it was me & my boat, I would want to catch them.

Comment

If that was me and my boat I would contact them and set up an appointed to see the boat.

Comment

Pretty rude to use your photo...even if they do have a boat like that for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Fin Chaser View Post
                Funny you just posted this. I saw the ad a couple days ago, recognized the photo, and was thinking about PM'ing you about it.... Crazy the things people will do. I wonder what they're up to.

Scott
                I actually did just that. I was worried we were losing a great story teller on the forum so I pm'd him to inquire. Thankfully we can look forward to more hunt stories.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  If that was me and my boat I would contact them and set up an appointed to see the boat.
                  ......Ditto.
                  ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                  I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                  The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Be a long drive,, I'm looking at mine, so I know it's home. That is a cool photo,, But my Wolly is a 2006.
                    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

If the boat was mine I would email the local FBI office: anchoragefbi@ak.net

And/or report it online to the FBI internet crime unit: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
                        Be a long drive,, I'm looking at mine, so I know it's home. That is a cool photo,, But my Wolly is a 2006.
                        Sense he using your picture why can't you use a friend or two to be YOU.

Fair is Fair!!

Comment

"Leave me a contact number."

Sounds cagey.

I sent him an email full of questions.
                          Live life and love it
                          Love life and live it

Comment

How awesome would it be if you showed up for an appointment and you had this uncanny resemblance to the man in the picture.

I'm sure you'd get radio silence before the meeting, but the scenario would be fun.....especially wtih the troopers around the corner.

Comment

It is crap that someone is using your photo to sell their boat Steve, no argument there.

A Google image keyword search for "Wooldridge Alaskan II" brought that same photo up, not too terribly far down the page.

In no way am I condoning the ad, but unless more is known, I would wager this isn't quite FBI material.......
                              “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                              "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X