• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you store your inflatables?

Deflate and rollup in the garage?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Achilles is on a trailer, so I leave it inflated with just a little air released from the tubes, flip it and tarp it. Pontoon boats get the same treatment. Priority on the Achilles is to keep floor and transom dry and sound while protecting the tubes.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Comment

I have always hung them either suspended from the ceiling in the garage. Works great if you have the room. It also serves as a safe haven for Christmas gifts for the kids. They haven't thought to look there...yet. Hopefully they don't follow this thread.

sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

HAHA! Funny Spoiled One! I do the same with my raft.
        ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' sigpic Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
          I have always hung them either suspended from the ceiling in the garage. Works great if you have the room. It also serves as a safe haven for Christmas gifts for the kids. They haven't thought to look there...yet. Hopefully they don't follow this thread.

Too bad I already told them your secret!

What do you guys think about doing this from garages with BCI joists in the ceiling? I've always hung stuff from the ceiling but our new garage uses BCI joists in the ceiling and I've heard it's not good to run bolts into these. Anyone with any experience?
          sigpic

Comment

You could put a 2x4 across the 16/24 inch span with a cable rap around it and going threw the sheet rock with a lope on the end or just put a cable around the BCI. IMO

Comment

I do exactly that has worked out fine the last 8 years.

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
              Deflate and rollup in the garage?
              Jay
              07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
              OurPlayground.

sigpic

Comment

Deflate, rollup and store in boat cabin. Never had a problem, but i dont move it in the winter either when the material is stiff.
                "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
                MMSI#

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X