X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACB boat

2009, 34'x10' beam, twin 300 suzuki's.
    What do you guys think of this one?
    I found it on the east coast and am heading out there next month to complete an inspection and survey.
    Looks like I'm in for an adventure getting it from New Jersey to Homer!!
    I'll need to add an aft station,davit, genset and settle for a smaller fishing deck.Click image for larger version

Name:	fcb9e5ig0gPYV9Jz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	2513984Click image for larger version

Name:	R9XuayoNaTzVEVYx.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	2513985
    Redleader standing by

few more picClick image for larger version

Name:	838wn93DnG3et4NE.jpg
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2492839Click image for larger version

Name:	ALbH5u22XhGnJPoJ.JPG
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2492840
    Redleader standing by

Comment

100 hours on it and it's been babied on inland waters.Click image for larger version

Name:	a6kyUD8u3feYJgyu.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2492841Click image for larger version

Name:	2UL4xkGD7GlClHOQ.JPG
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	2492842
      Redleader standing by

Comment

Nice.
        Are you going to charter with it?
        BK
        BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

No I'm a recreational angler, I like doing extended trips from Homer to Kodiak area along with taking family and friends on day trips.
          Redleader standing by

Comment

Ive been searching for the right boat for a long time I'm wanting to downsize from my current 30' Seasport offshore, it's a great boat and very nice for long trips but want to get out from under the work of maintaining a fiberglass boat with twin diesels. I have back problems and have had several concussions so looking for the smoothest ride i can. I researched getting an Asymmetrical aluminum cat built but the costs were close to double the price of this one and the guy went way overboard on the custom cabin. Also got a quote on as new 38' Munson packcat but don't think there hull design is comparable in ride comfort in rough water.
            Redleader standing by

Comment

Contact Alaska Galore Tours in Juneau. The Kaytos is owned by Louis Juergens and it is a sister ship of the one you are looking at. He was also featured in the ACB DVD. It is a sweet boat and one of the best sea boats out there.

Your boat has been on the market for a long time. I guess people in NJ just don't get the need for an ACB. $299k or best offer is reasonable. At this point in the game they will think hard about a $200k offer. Figure $25k to truck it to Seattle and then barge it up north.

Sobie2

Comment

Thanks Sobie, I'll try to contact Louis, I'm planning to road trip it back from there to Washington state since it has a trailer and is only a 10' beam and am looking at getting the modification work done there over the off season beforehand, while I plan a trip up the inside passage. I will still need to deal with transporting the trailer, the other option would be to rode trip it all the way up but not sure about coming through Canada with an oversize boat.
                Redleader standing by

Comment

Ok, so you are going from a 30' boat to a 34' boat and downsizing? You lost me there. Looks like a nice boat though. As for getting it back here, I would trailer it to Bellingham and put the truck and trailer in a storage yard, and then have them shipped to Juneau, and put the boat on the trailer and ride the ferry up to Whittier, or where ever you come into. That way you get the good part of the Inside Passage and miss the gulf crossing. I took about 10 days and it was great. In my case I did not even have a truck. There are companies in Bellingham that will store your trailer, and put it on the scheduled ferry with a tow truck. The ferry company can give you their names.
                  2009 Seawolf 31'
                  www.seawolfmarine.com
                  Fully Loaded

Comment

Thanks Jim that's a great idea, ultimately the 30' sea sport is a bigger boat, wider beam,taller, heavier, sleeps 6 instead of 4 with the quarter berth and has twin diesels so even though the new one is longer it becomes a downsize hopefully.
                    Redleader standing by

Comment

Sea trials will tell the story, they claim it cruises at 33 and tops out at 45?
                      A lot of weight with the heavy cabin and hull will see....
                      Redleader standing by

Comment

Originally posted by redleader View Post
                        100 hours on it and it's been babied on inland waters.[ATTACH=CONFIG]81013[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81014[/ATTACH]
                        Where were those pictures taken ?? I'm 99% sure it ain't NJ and in what inland waters was it used ?? Sandy didn't put it inland ??
                        sigpic
                        Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
                        Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                        Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                        alaskashrimppots.com
                        akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
                        907 775 1692

Comment

Those are the original sea trial pics from Washington. The original owner lives in and had it shipped to Point Pleasant, New Jersey, he keeps it on a lift in his back yard there and Sandy didn't bother it. Heres the listing.http://www.popyachts.com/Boat/18362/...om-Built-.html
                          Redleader standing by

Comment

You will like an acb. I went thru taku inlet from taku harbor to gastineau in my dads former 29 footter in 15 to 18 ft northerly seas with freezing spray in february.
                            Boat handled it awesome...me and my buddy not so well. We were praying hard.
                            Make sure you have a big forced air heater to defrost all that glass amd stay warm. We had to upsize the webasto airtop to get er done.
                            try throwing the wheel hard at wot....my dad did it but i was too chicken to try it. Awesome boats for sure.
                            Dad just sold it for way too cheap.

Comment

An obvious issue is the radar mast location is in the way of the rocket launchers and poles, I'm assuming they did that so the could fold it down for hauling.Click image for larger version

Name:	R9XuayoNaTzVEVYx.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	2492849
                              Redleader standing by

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X