Anchor nest ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor nest ideas

I would like to put an Anchor nest (caddie) on the bow of my Bayrunner. Getting tire of lifting it into the boat and taking up space. Any home made ideas or suggestions? I use a Fluke (dansforth) type anchor.

Originally posted by NORTH2AK View Post
    I would like to put an Anchor nest (caddie) on the bow of my Bayrunner. Getting tire of lifting it into the boat and taking up space. Any home made ideas or suggestions? I use a Fluke (dansforth) type anchor.
    Deweys has bolt-on pulpits sitting on the shelf. Wouldn't be difficult to do at all.

Comment

We have a roller, which works most of the time. But if I ever change it, there's one feature I'll be looking for: It needs to be "enclosed" so the line/chain/anchor can't jump off. The line can jump while hauling if it's rough. Depending on the size, the chain can jump when it first starts. Same for the anchor. That means you have to crawl up there and put it back in place, not always a pleasant exercise in the snot. Dunno if they make it (probably), but I'd want the "lid" or ring to open so I could disengage without having to feed the end of the line through it.
      "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
      Merle Haggard

Comment

A piece of flat stock stainless or aluminum could be bent in a U shape and bolted over the top of your bow roller or a couple of pieces of round bar each bent into a fish hook shape could also be used, leave enough space between the hooks for the anchorline to go through, sort of like a Skene chock but with longer horns on it.Click image for larger version

Name:	anchor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	2492838 or just a removeable pin like the one in the picture.
        sigpic
        Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
        Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
        Ropes, Buoys, Bait
        alaskashrimppots.com
        akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
        907 775 1692

Comment

The U-shape with a pin is the only retro that would work on mine, but it's a good one.

Thanks!
          "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
          Merle Haggard

Comment

Thanks everyone! I couldn't remember what they were actually called! "Pulpit"

Comment

Take a look at this.

http://www.columbiariveranchorsystem.com/
              sigpic
              ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
              1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
              MMSI# 338131469
              Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

Have you used this anchor in PWS or cook inlet? I like the look of the caddy, but it won't work with my anchor which is more like what Pot builder showed above. It would be nice to get my anchor out of the boat bow - it is always a PITA. I don't have a windless and the cleat that I tie to is very close to my roller - what can a guy with the other 20' of chain ?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X