Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moose are heavy...work smarter, not harder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose are heavy...work smarter, not harder.

Alaskan moose are heavy. Lots of work getting moose to boat. More fun getting boat to moose.

These pictures are from last weekend, a couple friends shot a moose on a side slough off the river. Packing the moose through the marsh to the boat parked on the main river would be a monumental task. Plan B, bring the boat to the moose...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Wooly Jump.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	2513957Click image for larger version

Name:	woolyjump2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	2513958

Nice pics. Thats one way to do it!

Comment

Cool pics,that's some big air !

Comment

You need to send those to Glen, he could use them in his ads.
        When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
        '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
        2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Comment

I like the way you think, cool pictures

Comment

Those are some BAD-ARSE pics....Woolys rock!
            BK
            BK Marine Services 232-6399
            Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
            Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
            Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ellamar View Post
              Alaskan moose are heavy. Lots of work getting moose to boat. More fun getting boat to moose.

These pictures are from last weekend, a couple friends shot a moose on a side slough off the river. Packing the moose through the marsh to the boat parked on the main river would be a monumental task. Plan B, bring the boat to the moose...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]80877[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80878[/ATTACH]

Lol!!! Awesome! Where's the video?!?!? Glens got enough marketing material the last week to last him for years!

Comment

Man, thats a lot of boat to get air with.
                Probably easier and less stressful to bring a small canoe along. Not as cool though
                Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Wow, I have about the same kind of wooly and I don't think I would try something like that. But then, the thought of having to pack a moose is a powerful motivator and now that I've seen it done I might think about trying it.

Comment

Sorry, I don't see anything smart about destroying a beaver dam. Now SMART would have been to not shoot a moose if your to lazy to pack it. But I guess destructive machines willfully destroying wildlife habitat gives a lot of you men orgasms. I just find it sad, disrespectful and disgusting. But then I have a deep love and reverence for the majesty of Alaska, an experience you lack.
                    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

That's why they call them busy beavers. Give them something to do,,,,repair time is all the time for beavers.

Now were did I put those traps?

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                        Sorry, I don't see anything smart about destroying a beaver dam. Now SMART would have been to not shoot a moose if your to lazy to pack it. But I guess destructive machines willfully destroying wildlife habitat gives a lot of you men orgasms. I just find it sad, disrespectful and disgusting. But then I have a deep love and reverence for the majesty of Alaska, an experience you lack.
                        WOW.......!
                        “Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.”
                        ― Eugene Ionesco
                        "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                          Really? Besides Mosquitos, I can't think of any northern critter more tenacious or prolific than Beavers.
                          Tear that dam out with an excavator, and it will be rebuilt in a day or two. And I don't see any destroyed Beaver dam in that picture.
                          I've never heard of a Beaver referred to as majestic. Eagles, Griz, never Beavers..... Besides, they give us Giardiasis. Down with Beavers!!
                          Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
                            Really? Besides Mosquitos, I can't think of any northern critter more tenacious or prolific than Beavers.
                            Tear that dam out with an excavator, and it will be rebuilt in a day or two. And I don't see any destroyed Beaver dam in that picture.
                            I've never heard of a Beaver referred to as majestic. Eagles, Griz, never Beavers..... Besides, they give us Giardiasis. Down with Beavers!!
                            Eat a beaver save a tree. I hear they taste like chicken, ( just kidding) they really taste like the type of wood they eat.

Comment

Don't agitate the tree eaters. They stick together.
                              When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
                              '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
                              2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X