• Missing Bayliner in PWS

I didn't see this posted. Any news?

http://www.adn.com/article/20140805/...e-fishing-trip
    sigpic
    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

There was a comment on one of the news stations facebook story about this that said they had been found. I haven't heard anything beyond that though as to any details or if that was just a rumor or not.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post
      There was a comment on one of the news stations facebook story about this that said they had been found. I haven't heard anything beyond that though as to any details or if that was just a rumor or not.
      According to the Anchorage Daily Dispatch KSKA Miner News, the boat's been found and everybody's okay. They had engine trouble and no radio to let people know.
      Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Comment

Just found this, glad everything turned out good:

http://www.adn.com/article/20140805/...d-fishing-trip
        sigpic
        ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
        1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
        MMSI# 338131469
        Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Comment

Missing Bayliner in PWS

They are young kids in dad's boat... Ran out of fuel....
          Last edited by akmike30; 08-05-2014, 15:27. Reason: change
          Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

Originally posted by akmike30 View Post
            They are young kids in dad's boat... Ran out of fuel....
            40 year olds are young kids? Well, that makes me feel a little better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
              40 year olds are young kids? Well, that makes me feel a little better!!!
              Yeah no kidding! I guess akmike is really old

I don't think akmike was implying that we should give these people a free pass because they are "young". I don't care if you 20 or 80. Every person that goes out on the water needs to be adequately prepared to handle a situation like this. I understand how you might accidentally run out of gas, but to have no radio or communication device to let anyone know that you need some assistance is just plain stupid.
              Mike
              www.HomerWebcams.com

Comment

Missing Bayliner in PWS

I happen to know one guys on the boat. There getting fuel out to them...
                Remember they did have a float plan.
                Last edited by akmike30; 08-05-2014, 18:41. Reason: cant spell
                Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

Ran out of gas at Knight Island? Really? That's totally screwing up. As for the float plan, they said they were going to Naked.

The news this evening said they were hoping for a good Samaritan or the Coast Guard to tow them back. When I screwed up off Montague, I paid to get towed back.

Comment

A lot of those bayliners have poor cruising range, but they must have not been full when they left, or did a bunch of running around. Knight passage isn't that far from naked
                    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

No it isn't, but to run out of gas that far out from port, is totally screwing up. I'm glad they were found safe, but at this point, they should have to pay, or a friend should run gas out to them, to get that boat back. The Coast Guard shouldn't have to tow them back.

Comment

Yes, that is screwing up bad. Maybe they had a fuel leak?
                        Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Well I'm very surprised they made it to Knight Passage with that nasty weather Sunday. We turned around half way down Perry passage with all the charter boats. 5' seas at South Perry isn't fun and it was worse farther south. Glad they are ok though....
                          27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                          Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                          Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                          MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Why in the world would anyone leave port without a VHF radio on board?... at minimum one.
                            2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Or in a bayliner!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X